Posts by Rex

I don't believe so...calling from the Commandline in Dot2 for camera control does nothing, tosses a nice juicy Error#...so I'd say "no", from Dot2[v1.5].

Now, you can commandline camera control in MA2 onPC, however....with:

[Function] Camera [ID]....so as example "Select Camera 2"- gives the result of switching from current camera to Camera 2 in the Stage View. It picks the Camera from the List in the console as it's indexed.

...so you could create a Macro with that calling and it would activate camera switching when the Macro is run. It will even respect 'string' names of Cameras in the 3D menu/Cameras. So.... Select Camera "Front" will switch the current Camera rendering in Stage View to the Camera labeled, "Front" in MA3D 3D Objects Menu.

Good luck! Probably will have to 'move' the Camera Control object Patched in Dot2 around to achieve this effect, but in a cruder/not elegant way.

Unless the latest version of Dot2 that allows Macros to be written allows for the grabbing of the keywords...not installed here as not really using Dot2 any longer and don't expect any further updating to the software. I found far more flexibility in MA2/3 and an onPC node.

No, there is no method for repatching the Attributes of a fixture in Dot2...you CAN do this in MA2, MA3 however.

You will need to edit your .XML profile outside of the Dot2 environment to fix any issues with the profile. On PC version of MA2 will do this!

It is nearly impossible to troubleshoot a file/issue, when no file has been provided...

Good luck!

@davidalmars the file linked does not seem to be constructed correctly? Throws an error for the 'extended' mode because there is no 'extended' MODE?? Seems both extended and standard modes are defined with the 'standard' Mode, just doesn't seem correct. Actually there is no 'extended' mode and this may be the bug.

Try generating another 'mode' in the DMX section[so you now have 2 modes], define your 'extended' Geometries within that 'mode' and try rendering again....

Good luck! Stay healthy! Happy New Year!!!

Seems almost like Normals got flipped by VW when it wrote the MVR...making the 'front' the 'back' and vice verse on the 3DS files...from a 3D standpoint as to why 'shadows' are not being rendered.

I've witnessed VW 'strangeness' with regards to Normals and Exporting...doubling up, etc.

Good luck!

You need to edit your Instance Array and this fixture should work with individual control of Pan/Tilt as you desire. When Patched, the Fixture will have 4 subFixtures, where N=fixture#101 N.2+N.3+N.4+N.5. If you select the fixture 101.2, you are selecting the first Instance Head, if you select 101.3, it's the second subFixture, and so on.... The .1 subFixture is the 'main fixture', so if you select that, you're selecting ALL of the subFixtures.

All of your 'Head' instances have no Position Values in 3D space, so they all appear as a single fixture positioned at World Origin[0,0,0]. If you give each Instance in the array some mirroring X vector values[I'd suggest X= -.5,-.25,+.25,+.5] and when you Patch a New Fixture with these values, the render across the network should visualize the separate 4 Heads spread out across that range, plus a 5th instance, which is the visualization for the Main Module.

Good luck!

you too? I 'think' I know where the ERR lies....allow me to digress?

I was attempting to construct a fixture with Patch-blah-blah....I got into the Models Tab, I had deleted the first entry line of the commands, the existing 'default' model entry field, leaving me with no 'Model'/mesh?? Once I went back into Patch and Edit the FixtureType and back into Models Tab...once I reinitialized it with a first entry and left Patch...it 'seems' I could now Import Meshes into the Pool...that's all I got on this, mate, good luck!

I'm now finding how hard it is to simply populate a Wheel with a GOBO1 "Appearance"...not intuitive at all how to put a GOBO into that entry field, Irma Gurd!?? So many clicks thru similar looking dialogs...and jizzle with Alpha on/off to actually see your bitmap, lol....

From the steps I've mangled all today to build a fixture with the software, it's SUPER MUCH easier to generate a GDTF profile...just sayin', as the kidz all do.

Hmm...just don't get why my ChannelSets have their DMX value entry fields 'locked'/black??? I can pop new lines in, each has it's DMX high entry field blacked out and won't allow for editing...very frustrating the size of these screens and having to scroll over!

And just don't see the visualization in the 3D View either, the fixture is in the Fixture list, nothing renders when I leave Patch...and these are the 3DS models I Imported with my original GDTF Import. That process was pleasant, dropped the meshes in the proper folders along with the gobos...Meshes in the Mesh Pool, all entry fields have been filled, just not rendering when I leave Patch. B'ah!

I've noticed in V1.3.1 in the Mesh Pool, I am not able to RightMouseClick to[Edit] Import a 3DS Mesh beyond Tile#12? Nothing seems to happen when I click and attempt to activate the tile, no Navigate dialog pops as it does with Tiles 10,11,12.

However; when I regress to v1.0, I can Edit any Mesh Pool Tile I choose beyond #12...frustrating this is, and somewhat confusing???.

Not sure if this impacts the EditSetupPatchFixtureType constructor, but I cannot add a New Model in that tab? No list of Mesh Objects in the dropdown menu appear. I hope I don't need to continue generating GDTF files to Import 3DS meshes?? Is this still the case?:S:!:because if I have to use the latest version of GDTF webBuilder; I direct to my observations on the results compared across MA3 versions here: Current version of MA3 reading current version of GDTF

thanks!

In my opinion...

The easiest way is to probably use the web based constructor from your description. Each level of construction has it's own Tab and follows a logical procedure from defining the Names, to the Models used, then assemble the Geometry, then config Wheels and DMX channels, very visual constructor. The only thing it doesn't do is render anything beyond the 3DS models and Rotational and Translational movement. Materials, No Beam, Strobes etc...that are on your fixture will not render as well, but the data parses with the 3DS files that are packed away in the format, very nice indeed as well as the Gobos in any wheels--they ride along with the models in subFolders.

I've found some recent oddities with model alignment when parenting the fixture's hierarchy together from MA3 v1 to the version now released....v131, your results may vary. What GDTF file online generated that I created looks great in MA3 V1 but goes bonkers in MA3v131....

Cheers!

Is the current version of MA3 up to date and correctly reading the current version of GDTF? Inquiring minds...just don't know!

I'm seeing parented Lens GEOMETRY objects that are aligned perfectly in the GDTF web builder ending up horribly offset in the current version of MA3 3D View BUT looking much better in V1.0 of MA3, but not completely aligned[did not document on site]. The BEAM objects are located correctly on it's Parent, but not the GEOMETRY meshes.

Also, I'm seeing the visualizing FIELDS[from multiple Lens/Pixels] are not equal in size in the 3D View while the values for the Beam Field and Beam Angle are the same in the GDTF? Each end of a line of parented Beam objects have radically different size fields of light just next to them on the 'stick'/head GEOMETRY. Changing the value in Patch...does nothing. Also noticing that a 256x256 custom gobo bitmap is clipped by the diameter of the field??

Below is a snapshot of the 3D View, notice each end of the array...how much larger those fields of light are compared to the 4 in between them. Also notice the white rectangles mid beam....those are the Lens Geometry models that are perfectly placed in the web based GDTF builder, yet in this version of MA3, are so offset. In v1.0, the same fixture has the Lens GEOMETRY models nearly perfectly placed, just a small offset, perhaps 1 inch[24.5mm]. The Body of the fixture is out of shot...they are really offset?? Didn't document the early version's offset, was willing to call it, 'close enough', but these offsets are horrible.

Thanks!

Rexy

This was a small exercise in fixture building at GDTF from a Posters request for a conversion of some rando XML format knockOff. Pretty simple fixture, many parented Beams on the level above...?? coincidence/conspiracy...you be the judge!

Layout View in the console does not control fixture positions in MA3D. Stage View in console for fixture positions...OR

In MA3D, under Functions--Arrangements in Menu or in Right hand Property Tabs Arrangement, there you will be able to adjust the 3D positions of the fixtures/objects.

Good luck!

It is a convoluted path, far more so than MA2. Every object is it's own fixtureType...you'd think a single 'fixtureType' of "model" or "set" and then just change the pointer within the datablock, rather than an entirely new datablock? Seems "klunky".

I did like the separate binary and linking into a Session...of MA2+MA3D and how hackTastic it was...lol.

Good luck!

I downloaded an MA-Share version of this fixture and constructed a 3D visualization for it; based upon the data in the file --- it travels 10 meters in the DOWN direction, which is the physfrom = 0 physto = 10 values in that part of the .XML profile. How far does the device you intend to use move as limits [Top / Bottom] ?? I believe you would change that for your actual travel distance but the physFrom and physTO values are for 3D rendering I believe and have no impact on the stage device.

I can view it visualizing in MA2 v3.5.0.2 MA3D for it's MP_TR_Z attribute which is in the file and the main Attribute of the device .... this is from a .XML profile at Share that states it has been tested on the real fixture .... I cannot truly test the other attributes because I have no access to the real device .... meaning, it 'should' be activating the real device. The manual has the control as being specific handle positions for each of the 6 channels of control.

PM me if you would like to evaluate the .XML profile. It had to be custom built to the .XML because of the Default MP_TR_Z attribute value, it defaults to it's TOP Limit. 5,112 inches from the Winch Frame, as per the Technical Drawing available.

Good luck!