Posts by zangetsu

hey ryan, i tried it but somehow it does not work.

macroline 1: on featuregroup 1 thru 8

macroline 2: store/activeforselected (execute=no)

CLI for the macro is ON. I also tried to switch CLI to OFF...

in the command line feedback macroline 1 works fine, then the store/activeforselected syntax gets written into my cmd line, but as i klick on an empty preset slot to store my data there the commandline feedback says:

illegal object:Fixture ''store/activeforselected'' preset X.Y

any suggestions? what am i doing wrong?

thanks in advance!

hey folks,

in grandma2 i store my data in that way:

1. colors=global in the preset pool color

2. positions(position+gobo+focus+beam+shapers)=selective in the all preset pool using a filter to exclude dimmer+color which i call: store_ml

therefore i use 2 macros:

1. for colors:

-on presettype 4

-store/ so=prog /g /m /use=activeforselected@

2. for positions(position+gobo+focus+beam+shapers )

-on presettype 2+3+5+6+8

-store if filter store_ml endIf /s /m /use=activeforselected@

my question is, what is the syntax therefore in grandma3? i can't find it in the manual. and i really need that kind of syntax because i don't have the time to hold down the store button and change these settings all the time. i also miss the tracking shield option, because it comes extremely handy if you change lots of data in a sequence consisting of hundreds of cues.

thanks in advance!

1. bulid an absolute position preset x

2. build a relative symmetrical circle preset y

3. call preset y, press integrate, call preset x and store that as preset z

4. assign preset z to executor A

5. assign preset x to executor B and use it as temp fader (give it a high priority)

i think now you should be able to control the size of your symmetrical circle stored in executor A by manipulating executor B.

hello, I have got a question. if I remember correctly, there was an option to choose which layers are affected when creating filters in older software versions.

for example, I never want individual times to be stored in my POSITION preset pool etc.

somehow I cant do that in the newest software version. no option to exclude timing. Is this my fault, or am I missing something?

and when talking about individual times, I noticed, that when I got to layer FADE/DELAY, choose "remove" there in the calculator, then merge it, the absolute value is also removed, because entering "remove" does not activate the FADE/DELAY layer alone. so a filter would come handy in that situations. without filter I have to manually deactivate the absolue layer every time before merging to keep my actual absolute values.

Any propositions welcomed. thanks in advance.

you can do it by creating 2 presets and connect them via the step creator, or you can even use the ALIGN function to align your fixtures in the phaser editor.

you can type "default" and then klick on the encoderpage you want to set to default. for example: type "default" and then klick on the encoderpage Position.

you could write small macros for that.

hello everyone.

I have troubles with 3 common situations in light programming.

1. individual times of attributes:

Lets face the following situation. I am working on a sequence, i turn on fixture 1 at full, give it a color of red and store it as a color preset. I store that into cue 1. Now I change

the dimmer value of fixture 1 to 50 percent, change the color to blue, store blue as a color preset, change the layer to fade and enter a individual fade time for the feature RGB of 10 seconds. I now store this as my second cue. Since my CueFade is 5 seconds and my individual time for RGB is 10 seconds, fixture 1 descends its dimmer value from full to 50 percent in 5 seconds and the color changes from red to blue using a duration of 10 seconds. so everything works fine.

But now the problem comes along. I turn fixture 1 to green (this takes 10 seconds, maybe because I turned tracking to on), I store this green color as a color preset, but now the individual time of 10 seconds is stored into the preset too(altough I assigned a filter to my color preset pool which should exclude timing). When I try to switch off the fade layer to only have the green color active the fixture turn to blue again, so it is somehow impossible to switch off the fade times without losing the absolute values.

To get rid off this issue, I have to switch off the sequence, select fixture 1, change its color to green, save the preset and then cue 3. I wouldnt call that a WORKLFLOW...

2. relative phasers:

I create a static position preset for fixture 1 to 10, it points at the floor and I save this information as preset floor 1. I create a second static position preset for fixture 1 to 10, it points at the ceiling and I store this information as preset ceiling 1. Now I create a nice symmetrical circle phaser(relative) and store this as phaser preset symmetrical circle 1.

Now I store preset floor 1 into cue 1. I call my symmetrical circle 1(relative) preset and store it into cue 1 too. that works fine. now I call preset ceiling 1 and store this as cue 2, so I want that the fixtures keep the relative circle(tracking is on) but they should change the absolute direction from floor 1 to ceiling 1 but that doesnt work.

I solved this problem by calling my symmetrical circle 1(relative) preset, integrate, click on the floor 1 preset and store this whole thing as new preset and into cue 1. same thing with symmetrical circle 1(relative), integrate, click on the ceiling 1 preset and store this as a new preset and into cue 2. I wouldnt call that a nice WORKLFLOW...

Same thing happens with relative DIM phasers...

3. phaser on multiple attributes:

I have the following situation. Fixture 1 is running 2 phasers at the same time, for example phaser 1=P/T circle, phaser 2=DIM chase and this is stored in a cue. Now when I select fixture 1 and modify the speed of the DIM attribute in Phaser 2, it automatically changes the speed of the P/T attributes of phaser 1. To avoid that, I have to switch off the PAN/TILT feature to just store(merge) the DIM speed

information...thats annoying...

Is this whole situation my fault? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance folks!