Posts by strobie

but to answer your question, I would guess that its better/easier/cheaper to go with the devil you know and already have code for than to start from scratch to go thru a proccess to find a replacement. Also who knows if fix will be a thing in 7 years.. haha that said i really don't think 3ds will exist in the next 5 years.

Gltf would be perfect for ma to use. Its light weight, suports uv, textures, materials and is text based. It also has a lot of support across industries and is standard for a lots of big companies now.

I think they turn modules off for certain things until elegant solutions are found, so that parts of a given module dont break something. Development is hard. Especially early development, where its possible (if you are not very careful) to dev yourself into a box for the remainer of the product life cycle.

On the other hand tho, I do agree that development is painfully slow, but so too are console sales at the moment with covid, and those sales fund development hours.

Covid was probably the best time ever for users to learn the new system, and its a shame the product wasn't more polished before then in hindsight. Very bad luck to anyone creating or releasing products for live entertainment at the beginning of or in the middle of the pandemic,

Hi, Can anyone point me to documentation or info regarding NDI video feeds in the video pool? I am sending NDI, but MA doesn't seem to be seeing it at least in the pool. I'm guessing we will be able to take incoming NDI and apply it to fixtures in much the same way as we used to use Bitmaps for example, but its NOY?

Hi,

Help menu immediately disappears as soon as it is no longer the highlighted window. This makes trying to read and do all but impossible, unless the user takes a photo of the screen and references that.

Also, would it be possible to enable copy and paste from the help menu? This would make it easy to copy all the new long & compilated example code

I have a Vis-key, and capture and i am unable to unlock ALL requested universes for visualization.
    I have tired with both ma and capture on FW 1.4 and 1.5, having both capture and ma3 onpc in session. They can both see each other, and I can output from MA, into capture, But only 512 parameters are able to be sent to capture, not the full MANet 3 requested universes with no parameter limit.

both applications in session

both are the same FWV

Artnet/sACN are disabled

No other MA hardware is connected except for the Viz-Key

I have spoken to my distributor and they suggested contacting capture which i have done.

Has MA Lighting tested Vis-Key V1.5 on the latest version of capture?

HI! I'd like to update everyone here.

I have a Vis-key, and capture and i am unable to unlock ALL requested universes for visualization.
    I have tired with 1.4 and 1.5 updates, having both capture and ma3 onpc in session and on the same version/FW. They can both see each other, and I can output from MA, into capture, But only 512 parameters are able to be sent to capture.

both applications in session
    both are the same FWV
    Artnet/sACN are disabled
    No other MA hardware is connected except for the Viz-Key
    I have spoken to my distributor and they suggested contacting capture which i have done.
    Has MA Lighting tested Vis-Key V1.5 on the latest version of capture?

Admin@ShowData/DataPools/Default/Macros>

"Global" or "Default" or "whatever" is the name of the currently-selected DataPool. In a new show the first DataPool is now called "Default", but in practice you might not always be importing into DataPool 1 anyway.

Of coarse! Thanks Ryan!

Hi there!

At the moment it would be handy to have some kind of quick reference, even if it included keywords that are not implemented yet. I understand that managing this might be a nightmare during early development, but it would be very helpful for me at the moment.

cm is not implemented yet. My question is, Is there a direct or peripheral way to view a comprehensive list of all executable command line objects and functions? either online in once place, or a keyword that facilitates this within the software its self?

This no longer seems to be working, as /Global/ is a missing or hidden from the directory, even when the current user is Admin.

the only path that is available is 12.14.1.7, and since this is default, NOT Global, there is nothing to import.

Do you have an update on this?