Posts by Toom

Hey Folks,

i made an upgraded version v1.0.2 that now also supports ColorWheel fixtures in the grid as well as auto discovery of the color capabilities of all groups.

• Fixtures not capable of full color mixing like rgb or cmy are now supported as long as they are using a color wheel.
      • The colornames will be guessed from the values stored in the wheel configuration and i am trying to map them if a match is found.
      • Delay and Fadetimes are not applied to the Colorwheel commands since in my opinion that makes no sense.
    • During initialization all fixtures are probed for their color mixing capabilities.
      • If a group does not offer color attributes it will not be included in the list. This is useful for groups like fog, fan or generic dimmer channels.

• A bug has been fixed which caused the delay to flip white if the same color group was triggered again.

https://github.com/Toom3000/ma3_Magic_ColorGrid

Hey Folks,

during testing i encountered a few annoying bugs during installation on a clean showfile. The main one caused Color Presets to be created as global and not as intended as selective ones. This affects the fade and delay functionality so that it was not working at all :( This is fixed now in the github version. You would need to upgrade the script if you already tried using it.

Best Regards,

Thomas

Yet another colorgrid plugin :)

Due to the boredom of the lockdown i was able to write a little plugin as many have done before me in order to get earlier to the catering on the job.

Maybe you will find it useful on the job or at least as reference for your own development.

Thanks to the inofficial api documentation from hoss I was able to give it an installation gui to make it more user friendly.

I would be happy to receive some feedback if you like it or if you don´t what I may improve.

Get it on github:

Magic_ColorGrid

This plugin creates a ColorGrid for the grandMA3

Features

• Discovery of all current groups prior to installation
      • Groups to be included to the grid are fully user defineable
    • Direct and manual mode for color picking
      • In manual mode the colors can be picked and will be applied by a trigger button
      • In direct mode the colors will be immediately applied if picked
    • Delay Align buttons for each group
    • Delaytime adjustment
    • Fadetime adjustment

Compatibility

Tested on grandMA3 Version 1.4.0.2

Installation

• Copy the files in lib_images/ to
      • <YOUR_INSTALLATION_DRIVE>:\ProgramData\MALightingTechnology\gma3_1.4.0\shared\resource\lib_images
    • Copy the Magic_ColorGrid folder in lib_plugins/ to
      • <YOUR_INSTALLATION_DRIVE>:\ProgramData\MALightingTechnology\gma3_1.4.0\shared\resource\lib_plugins
    • Now import the plugin
      • Start your grandMA3 software
      • Navigate to your plugin pool or create a new one on an empty View
      • Create a new plugin
      • Import the Magic_ColorGrid plugin
    • Execute the plugin and enjoy the ride :)

Best Regards,

Thomas

I think andreas is right with his assumption that this should safe up same bandwith for RDM communication, if your analyzer supports rdm maybe you could take look for incoming master frames within the idle time.

In my scenario where the outputs are driving DMX without RDM support which is currently already configurable there should be no need for this. Unfortunately in the past i experienced similar incompatibility issues with older or cheap devices which where not able to differ between the rdm frames and standard dmx data and totally went nuts if rdm has been enabled.

But hey, i think the ladies and gentlemen in the development department of MA are now hopefully aware that this particular feature causes some issues in daily use. So i think they will find an easy solution for this in the next release :)

I am using two Touchscreens on my onPC solution. The first window on screen one works like a charm and goes fullscreen if i disable the titlebar in the window settings. On my second screen the titlebar will also hide but the window does not scale to fullscreen which causes a bit of the desktop image to look through.

Is there a way to tell the second window to also go fullscreen properly?

Same issue occured to me as well during the my first live use today. Took me about half an hour to find out that the CommandWing reduced the update rate if there are no changes in the DMX output values. This may be within the specification but i was a bit surprised since i never encountered a controller where this is a default behaviour, not configurable and furthermore not noted anywhere in help or docs.

What i do not understand is what the intention of this should be. I would assume that the desk should be able to output all supported DMX output channels with a proper update rate at any time. So why is the reduction of the output refresh rate if there are no values changing implemented at all?

Even being somehow within the DMX specification with this behaviour i would really treat this as a bug. I also had to use the solution of creating a dummy dimmer phaser on a dummy fixture in the background which has to be running all the time to make it work which feels really bad on a console of this level.