Posts by hoss

Hmm this is a little bit interesting, not sure if this is exactly what you are seeing but I also see something odd when moving a fixed fader to another page.

It does not always seem consistent, but here are the steps I took to cause it to happen:

1. Store Sequence 2
    2. Assign Sequence 2 at Page 1.215
    3. Set Sequence 2 Property "AutoFix" True
    4. Set Page 1.215 "Height" 2
    5. Go+ Page 1.215
    6. Next Page
    7. Move Page 2.215 at 2.214
    8. Move Page 2.214 at 2.215
    9. Move Page 2.215 at 2.214

Steps 7, 8 or 9 will cause the 200 executor to either split from it's 300 or the 300 goes missing. when this happens you can't move the 200 executor. However, if in AutoFix mode this seems to be cosmetic since turning the executor off and back restores the fader to its proper height and can be moved again. If you did a Fix On Page 1.215 then you have to turn the fix off and go+ the fader before it will rejoin and can be moved.

Other Width/Height issues still exist so my guess it just hasn't been looked at yet.

In 1.1 it's important to note that if you set Menu > Output Configuration > (columns full) > Mode > Out the console will output at a solid 30Hz , with it set to RDM on it will be variable between about 2 to 30 Hz.

If you need something faster than 30Hz, Artnet and sACN output at 60Hz.

Sketchup to MA3D

If you own Sketchup it can output 3DS files. Also Blender 2.79 can output 3DS files. Unfortunately 3DS export in Blender 2.8x has been removed but you can build in 3.8x and open in 2.79 to export 3DS files.

Not sure about GMA2 3D.

I don't have an official one. I took a look at the globals and found most or all of them. But without any documentation, so you kind of have to figure it out on your own.

I'm not sharing my findings except that what I have coded up on GitHub, mostly because it would not be official, none of it is supported and anyone can find it.

Also my guess it some of it will change with future versions.

Actually that being in session is part of the reason my way of brute forcing the movement doesn't always work so well. Sometimes when I'm in session and move using my plugin it feels like the plugin is actually running on both consoles causing the moved object to move ~1cm up and down constantly, I assume both sessions are at odds, haven't looked into that bug yet since I'm mostly either testing on the console on onPC. Either way this would be a useful previs tool and most definitely not something I'd want to run during a show, Just look up :) .

When I turn it all on just right (in session or as Idle Master) it actually works quite well.

I totally understand about the network traffic, hence not releasing any code since it's potentially dangerous without great care, but it's very cool when it works and I do have the ability to tune the updates/second as needed. I think the most units I have tested is 10 with 2 Axis per unit at 10FPS. I'm interested in network traffic now so I think I wireshark might be in order, given I have nothing but time now.

Change on EncoderEvent button also explains why when moving a 3D Parent the children don't move until you stop moving, Nice to know though. Just using the Set fixture 1 "POSZ" 5 seems safe enough though.

Sure,

I haven't posted any of my code since there is a somewhat good chance of a crash if your not careful but the basics are this, find your fixture in the patch and, set it's posx, posy, posz, rotx, roty or, rotz attributes.

Depending on what you trying to do it it looks like there are a few options, The below LUA liner moves the first patched fixture (not necessarily the first FID or CID) on the first stage to +5m on the Z Axis (there may be a simpler way but I still haven't gone through all of the API):

LUA'Root().ShowData.LivePatch.Stages:Children()[2]:Children()[1]:Children()[1].posz = 5.0'

The below does the same thing but doesn't seem to work well for real time movement, and you can select via FID or CID.

Set fixture 1 "POSZ" 5

I should really use some of my extra time to post some documentation on how my plugin works, perhaps this week.

I've only played with it a little, but I was also able to get the console to send OSC, and even receive by enabling the Echo Input (I even hear an error beep onPC every once and awhile), but for whatever reason not act on it.

My guess is it's not fully baked yet since the OSC structure is a little funny. For example its; /11.14.1.5.99,sif<string "FaderMaster"><Int:1><float:Value> instead of something like /11.14.1.5.99/FaderMaster/1,f<float:Value>. That would be much easier for a program like TouchOSC or MAX to send.

The other thing I'm unsure about it that the first integer is, On my console it's now a 3 but if I load the same show onPC it's a 1. but even using Packet Sender to format and send a proper Packet doesn't work so I'm just not sure.

It's very hard to say what will and won't work for and your right, there is a lot of choice out there but a few things that might narrow down your choice a little.

First, take a look at the System Requirements for onPC

Next take a look at a site like PC Parts Builder (Laptop) it's not an exhaustive list but it can help you narrow down your options using the filters, then find something similar that is available locally that fits into your budget.

On the System Requirements you will find that you need a Intel 6th gen (6xxx) Core processor with a minimum of 4 cores or similar AMD, that basically rules out all of the Core i3s and some of the lower end Core i5s.

Next with RAM, running windows with 8 Gigs of memory is painful personally, so I'd say a minimum of 16 or 12 if your budget strapped and won't be joining session with a console.

SSD's are relatively cheap these days and will make a huge difference in the speed of the machine, specifically when you run low on memory.

As for the Video Card, Most if not all of the integrated Intel in the 6xxx i5 and i7 I think meet or exceed the minimum specs, however many (or maybe all) of them share Graphics memory with Main memory. Also you might be hard pressed to find a machine with only an integrated card If you have that meets specs.

Watch for cheaper laptops with less than 1080p displays. Running on less than 1080 means the onPC displays can be quite small or even impossible to use.

Lastly a cheaper laptop may not have an Ethernet port so be sure to budget for a dongle.

Are you trying to start the onPC console or use the terminal to connect to another console?

If you are just looking to run the onPC console run the grandMA3 onPC 1.0.0.3 shortcut.

If you are actually trying to use the terminal link to join to another session try something like cmdline <ip address> where <ip address> is the address of the console you want to connect to.

You can also type help to get more information about the terminal.

I have also run into this on my light.

System test seems to be the only included plugin that causes this issue and fortunately doing a Restore does fix it as you say.

If you are testing writing plugins also be careful using the string.format() as sending it the incorrect type will cause a crash

I'm actually new the the fact that Art-Net 4 does Timecode, I have never used it but it was quite easy to get working.

I'm sure there are apps out there but I made myself a quick and dirty ArtNetTimecode sender that outputs the current time of day as a broadcast and once I configured OnPC to receive it worked out of the box.

To get ArtNetTimecode working all you need to do is:

• Goto Menu > DMX Settings > On the Art-Net Tab
    • Make Sure Enable Input is... Enabled
    • The first line will automatically be an Artnet Output, Make a second for your Timecode Input
    • Set the Second Line to Mode Input and Select a slot number between 1 and 8

And that's it.

From there you should see the incoming Art-Net Timecode in the selected slot.

It's a little jittery, but that's probably because of me.

As for Midi, I would assume it's just as easy provided you have something that outputs Midi TimeCode but I haven't tried yet.

• Go into Patch
    • On the left top on Fixture Types
    • Insert New Fixture Type and give is a descriptive name (if you don't name it it looks like it does not show up in the fixture list)
    • Edit the new Fixture Type
    • Across the top, tap on Models Tab
    • Insert a new Model
    • Edit the Mech Column and choose your mesh.
    • While in the models Tab check the Length, Width and Depth to make sure it's what you expect. if not you can change one of the values here and the others should calculate.
    • Now Under the Geometries Tab
    • Edit the Models Column and choose the model you just created.
    • Close the fixture Types Edit Dialog
    • Before exiting the Fixture Types Dialog double check it has a name and xxit the Fixture Types Dialog
    • Now "Patch" your new fixture and exit the patch and you should see your model in the 3D window positioned at 0,0,0. Then you should be able to position in 3D like any other fixture.

That wasn't too bad. Still definitely needs work as i can cause crashes but I can attach an input to the plugin to control up to 6 axis ( Position X, Y, Z and Rotation X, Y, z) then attach a plugin to a truss to move it real time.

Click the Image for a youtube example.

Next I wonder if I can move the camera.