Posts by DanielK

Hey Julien,

currently you can only export the patch as an xml.

You can see the information you need directly here, but this is just a workaround. In the future that should be possible again.

Yes, you can work with the Shuffle Selection tool in the MAtricks window.

Just select your fixtures, press Shuffle and give a phase value.

But workflow will be improved in one of the next versions.

Hi everybody,

I checked this in v1.2.0.2 and for me it works as expected.

With the Recast function you are right - you only need this when you added or removed new attributes to your presets. So with an update of a "normal" RGB color preset the cue update should work without the recast.

foon: Maybe you can get in contact with your local distributor. It would be great to see why it does not work for you. Maybe you can attach a small video and/or a showfile with a description what you do....

Thanks a lot :-)

Hi Vince,

no problem, there are different ways to do this:

Fixture At Fixture:

- Fixture 2 should exactly do what Fixture 1 is doing currently.

- Fixture 2 At Fixture 1

- Values from programmer and playbacks are copied from Fixture 1 to Fixture 2.

Copy Value:

- This depends on the 2 different active selections per user profile. You can change the selection at the top left corner in the MAtricks window.

- Selection 1 has some values and you have a different Selection 2.

- Change to Selection 2 and press Copy Values.

- Now the values from Selection 1 are copied to Selection 2.

Clone:

- Fixture 2 should exactly do what Fixture 1 is doing in your complete showfile (or limited to some sequences, etc...).

- Clone Fixture 1 At Fixture 2

- Fixture 2 now behaves as Fixture 1 in the entire showfile.

Copy/Paste Programmer:

- You can find this option when you press the At button in the menu bar of the bigger screens on the left.

- Have a fixture selection and press Copy Programmer.

- Select some different fixtures and press Paste Programmer.

- All Programmer values will be copied from the original to the new selection.

I hope that helps :-).

Hi foon,

what you are doing here is the follwoing:

In cue 1 you have a static dimmer value of 100% - per default this is stored in cue part 0.

In cue 2 you have a dimmer phaser - per default this is stored in cue part 100, because of the preset pool settings.

If you want to have both, the static and dynamic value in the different cue parts you have to enable "Allow Duplicates" for cue 2. This makes it possible to have the same attribute for the same fixtures in different parts of the same cue.

Does it make sense?

Hi Janis,

there is a video solution planned but not implemented yet. To be honest, if you need a video solution now, I would suggest to have a look at external tools.

The implementation of video in grandMA3 will take a bit more time.

I hope that helps. If you need any support or assistance, just get in contact with us.

Hi Sam,

this workflow is not available yet but will be implemented.

So far we need some workarounds but this will be improved a lot in the near future.

Hi Kadir,
    the action buttons are not implemented yet, but will come.

As a workaround you could use sequence pool objects assigned to a layout view. But we will have the action buttons back of course :-).

Hi Steven,
    pretty sure you will see some new things regarding this in the next version.

Unfortunately we can not point at a specific date but it is only a question of some weeks.

Hi Pyroaxel,
    thanks a lot for this feedback. The manual is under constant development. Of course we know that there are topics that could and should and will be described more in detail. We are working on it.

But regarding the fixture types we are currently developing a grandMA3 Fixture Training which will be available in the next few weeks in the MA E-learning. I think this will help all of us to dive more into the world of fixture types in general :-).

Hi Angelo,

no this is still present. What we need here is more an option, so to call the preset in the current programmer part. This is missing.

But of course on the list.

As a workaround you could set the respective preset pool to a part mode. Then the preset will be used in this programmer part.