BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • I found an unexpected behavior in dot2. New showfile with just some dimmers patched. I´ve set all dimmer to full and typed in " Store Cue 1 thru 3"
    This creates three cues on the Main executor like expected.
    Now I've set all dimmers to 0% and typed in "Store Cue 2" and merged it.
    Now in cue 2 my dimmers go to 0% but they don't come to full again on cue 3. Thats weired because I alresdy stored 100% to cue 3.
    I've never seen such a behavior on any console I was working on. Tried on a XLF and on dot2 onPC in version 1.2.2.8 with the same result.

Edited once, last by Go-Button (March 17, 2017 at 4:14 PM).

• Hi,
    That is very easy to explain.
    Chose option Cue Only with Merge when storing Cue 2 and you are on the horse :)

FYI it is not possible to block any values in a cue as after each store your sequence is automatically unblocked. Please look at the command line.

• I´m not with you. The Command "Store Cue 1 thru 3" should create three exactly same cues, all with Attribute Dim at 100%. There are no tracked values from Cue 1 thru 3 as every Cue already has a value for Dim.
    Cue Only doesn´t affect tracking of the following Cues, right. But as there are no tracked values Cue Only should do nothing.
    This is different to GrandMA2 and in my eyes not correct.

• Hi Go-Button and FOH,
    yes, the dot2 reacts different to gMA2 when you "store Fixture thru at 100, Cue 1 thru 3".
    gMA2 automaticly bocks the values in Cue 2 and 3 (white Color in Fix. sheet)
    dot2 stores the 100% in Cue 1 and tracks them in Cue 2 + 3.
    The "block" must be set by putting a "yes" in the "protect" row in the cue view of Cue 3
    before you store Cue 2 with 0%.

The dot2 is ment as a pure tracking console - so the "protect" was build in,
    as we wanted to simplyfy all the different store optinons and
    conditions that could possibly come up with values.

In this case I am with you - easy is not always easy ;)

Hope this hasn´t made the discussion more complecated :)

• Complicated is relative in our business... ;)
    At the moment I'm thinking back and forth about this behavior. It seems that this behavior is more complicated when we store Cuelists in random order. It's normal in a theater to store fixtures by groups (Director says: We need this lamp at full in cue 1 thru 5 and 7 and 11 but at 50% in cue 6 and 12. In the other cues it has to be off)
    Also we often have rehearsal in a different order than concert.
    Auto Unblock is not what I understand of total tracking. A hard value stored to a cue should always remain except I would like to Unblock the cuelist.

It's also slowing down the speed of programming as we can't use the quick store method (Store, Please, Please) as we always have to click on "Cue Only".
    Also the Store method "Normal" doesn't seem to be there right word for this as it automatically executes an Unblock.

Also from the point that this console should be as easy as possible I can't understand this behavior as the Operator has to know and understand the full concept about "Absolute Tracking" "Block and Unblock" and the need to use "Cue Only". Even experienced Operators need some time to understand what's going on during programming.

Can we please get an improvement here, like an option in the Global Settings menu?

• I'm on board with a Global Settings Menu if advanced functionally is involved. We could "tick" advanced functionally on and off as one of the choices to speed up the programming progress and offer other enhancements for more experienced users.

John Cerbus
    Lighting Director/Programmer
    Victory Church Fremont, Ohio

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!