BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Hello dear dots!

I have a large sequence on an executer button. So far, I were not able to find a good way how to have a look into specific cues inside a sequence view. I just want to know, which values are saved into the programmer for this certain cue.
    Because I have a lot of fast follow cues, I dont have the option to just use the go button.

Using the cmd line with for example: Edit Exec 1.106 Cue 24 ; works quite well, but is not straight forward during production.

Any ideas how to easily do this?

Regards,
    Franz

• I tried to remove values from the programmer on a certain cue with MA+Delete, once i loaded this into the preview. I were able to update this cue. Now I'm not sure, if the behaviour of the dot2 is correct. The values are not empty but the dot2 put an zero/OFF value into the dimmer. But this wasnt my intention... How to prevent this?

• Hey Brian, thx your answer.

I wasnt not able to define release for the Dimmer. Im not sure what the system does here anyway. I assume, it puts a nan (not a number) into the programmer. System will ignore this value, other values will be accepted.
    But is there no way to get rid of the value overall? I mean I want no dimmer value saved anymore, even not a -nan.

Regards,
    Franz

• Hi Franz,

yes, there is a way to do this. Please select the Fixture for which you want to remove the Dimmer. Then activate the Dimmer Attribute by double-tapping it in the attribute list (right side of screen 1). As soon as the attribute is active you can say "Store Cue XY". In the pop up which comes up you should choose the option "Remove" which removes all touched (active) values from the cue.

Cheers,
    Lars

• Hey Lars,

Ok. Did this, worked quite ok. Problem, I have some fixtures, which have multiple Control Attributes. When I activate Control, and make the store remove, all attributes will be deleted.
    And console crashed atm, during preview function.

• you can also activate single attributes in the RAW dialogs of the attributes. Just give them any value, for example by using the calculator, and then do the "store remove".

I've tested this, it's not crashing here on my system. If this is a reproducable crash for you, feel free to send us an email to support@ma-dot2.com. We need your showfile and a detailed dicription of what you are doing. The best desciption would be step by step.

Thanks,
    Lars

• Indeed that works. But its a pitty that i need to use the cmd to achieve my result. Most of the hard keys which you use, are related to the main executor. So this works fine for the main exec, but when it comes to a different executor button, i still need to use the cmd. And because the hard keys are not working for this, i need to use the touch screen - which is bad for such amount of text. Really not straight forward, unless I'm wrong.

Regards,
    Franz

• Indeed that works. But its a pitty that i need to use the cmd to achieve my result. Most of the hard keys which you use, are related to the main executor. So this works fine for the main exec, but when it comes to a different executor button, i still need to use the cmd. And because the hard keys are not working for this, i need to use the touch screen - which is bad for such amount of text. Really not straight forward, unless I'm wrong.

Regards,
    Franz

Oh indeed I'm wrong. Just found out, that i can use the hard buttons. Just need to push the appropriate exec button afterwards. Didn't know that - ups!

Thanks Lars.
    Regards

• Would be possible in the future to see more next cues in the Cue list then the last ones allready past?? Means the actual cue in green is somewhere downstairs and sometimes in the theatre you need to see more what happens next.. (you see last 7 and 2 next, so should be like 3 last and 4 next, or the green actual should be in the middle of cue list)

And also is it possible to change the colour of the cue labels in the small window above the main playback?? White letters and the blue background for actual will do it more readable..

THX!!
    Simon

• When you come down to the bottom of the Cues View you will always see the next three cues. Don't you think this should ne enough? Or do you look at a different view then the Cues View?

Unfortunetaly it is not planned to change the color of the cues labels. White letters with blue backround provide a really high contrast and I don't really see how we can improve this...!?

Cheers,
    Lars

• When you come down to the bottom of the Cues View you will always see the next three cues. Don't you think this should ne enough? Or do you look at a different view then the Cues View?

Would be better more of them downstairs, in gMA2 you see more next ones coming up (5-6).. Now you see more cues already done and from my experience in theatre you need more jumping forward (e.g. if actors forget 1 page of text) :D no many ways back in this kind of moments ;)

Unfortunetaly it is not planned to change the color of the cues labels. White letters with blue backround provide a really high contrast and I don't really see how we can improve this...!?

I was thinking about the inactive cues would be more readable (1 last and 2 next) - sometimes if you're not directly in cue list view of main executor you still could be "oriented" by that small window in there..

And cheers and thank you for your reply!! Say hello to MA :!:
    Simon

• I would also prefer to have a view, more cues that are yet to be made than those that were already done. Why?. What was there, I am not interested anymore. And sometimes we have a few, a dozen cues, the following quickly in a few seconds. There is no time to track the description of each cue, you need to observe what is happening on the stage. Therefore, a quick reminder of the order, and what you need to do at the time ... - poetry. Therefore, my ideal would be to divide: 3 or 2 cues that were already done (in case you would have to go back to the previous one), active cue, and the rest that will fit in the window. Possibly, the possibility of any setting of the active cue position on the screen, and the ability to block this position (everyone has their favorite way of working). And then everyone will be happy, in addition to programmers ... :D

• I'm going back to the topic. I
    am using the cue in exec 0.1.1 view (not this tiny over the main
    executor sliders), because this view is bigger, more readable and
    contains more information about cue, entry times, descent, delay, etc. An arrangement like the one on the screenshot would be more helpful for me.
    By the way ... Could one add to the show something like a sticky note? We
    have saved the entire performance, cues, descriptions to them, layout
    in 3d, I miss only a little possibility to write additional information,
    important for the correct setting of devices in the performance,
    applied changes, etc ... It would have a whole spectacle in one place ie ours console.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!