Subfixture Layout View Plugin

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • As you all may or may not know, in MA 3 you can use the camera views to help arrange elements in layouts, however this only works for the primary fixture instances, it does not work for subfixture instances.

As a result, I built this plugin. It takes the layout view built by the camera arrangement and replaces each element with an array of subfixture elements that you provide via a template. I thought it was quite handy to have in my programming, so I figured I'd share it with all of you lovely people :)

Code and usage instructions are on the Github page. https://github.com/gabe927/gma3-subfixture-layout

Please let me know if there's ways to improve the code or if any issues show up.

Enjoy!

• V1.1.0 has been released!

The major addition for the version is group layouts. This will create a group for each subfixture element for ALL fixtures selected in the main layout view and create a "groups layout" which is identical to the template layout, but with group elements instead of subfixture elements. Enjoy!

• hi gabe just download your lua but i think it miss the xml file to be recognize when import it in Onpc (shared Lib_pluging folder)

My bad, I did not upload the XML anywhere. You can find the XML file for import in the releases on the github page now.
    FYI, for future reference, you can just copy-paste LUA scripts into the plugin editor instead of importing an XML.

• Dude this plugin is killer! I will give it a try later, I think that is a fantastic resource you've chosen to share here!

Side note... what JDC profile are you using?

Thank you!

It's one that I built from scratch from what data I can gather from datasheets (I don't have access to one unfortunately). It currently only has the dimmer/color channels for the elements. Still working on getting all the shutter/control stuff in the profile. Getting each channel set made can be a pain sometimes, though I might just try to copy-paste that stuff from the converted MA2 profile and see what happens.
    I'll put it on GDTF-Share whenever it's done. I've only been using it for messing around in 3D, so progress is low priority. If there's enough demand, I can make it a higher priority.

• No worries.
    NRG Sille has a great one for 3D but also has its quirks.
    It’s a bit of a battle with what being good for real life is not necessarily great for real life.

I haven’t had a change to try your plugin out for real yet but can’t wait. Again thanks for sharing such great tools.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!