ma2 VS Ma3 questions

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Hello.

i have some questions about things that I miss In ma3 or don't know how to recall. (in current ver 1.6.3.5)

1 Program time.

* If you look in the manual you can see that the text is similar to ma2 manual.

But there is no led indicator for on or of as described in the manual as you had in ma2.

* The synthax is there different aswell. It says that it should be "Toggle SM 2.3". but that does not work.

- today I discovered that the sythax is more like. "on user profile 10.10.x.x".

- I tried to find how to set the time but did not get any luck.

Question: Is this issue on the list? what is the status?

2. Short-hold-commands.

* In ma2 you could press hardkeys: "fixture + please" that resulted in a HOLD FIXTURE.

-you could do this command with GROUP / CH ID / etc etc.

* I can't recall this function in ma3 and I really miss that.

3. Typing short commands in command line:

* in Ma2 you could type SM /CL / A / AS / etc etc. and the system recognized these short as long commands.

- I really really miss this feature

Edited 2 times, last by Qualmos (November 29, 2021 at 2:28 PM).

• 1. There is a green indicator:

In which topic does it say Toggle SM 2.3?

You can also try this one (this replaces the SM 2.3 syntax from grandMA2):
    Toggle Master 2.8

To be safe regading the numbering, that could change in the future try this one:

Toggle Master "Grand"."ProgramTime"

2. I think this is on list.

3. This one works for me. F 1 A 50 resolves the command within the command line to Fixture 1 At 50.

1. There is a green indicator:

Oh thanks. Actually: When I did type master controls in the search i only got "CUSTOM MASTER CONTROLS." and that's why I did not sew the LED,

I have to look again. Thanks

In which topic does it say Toggle SM 2.3?

I was referring to ACT lightnings reference guide. And also syntaxes from ma2

Toggle Master 2.8

To be safe regading the numbering, that could change in the future try this one:

Toggle Master "Grand"."ProgramTime"

Thanks. will try it this evening.

2. I think this is on list.

OK

3. This one works for me. F 1 A 50 resolves the command within the command line to Fixture 1 At 50.

Strange. does CL SM CLEARA work for you aswell?

Thanks for the quick response.

/Q

• I was referring to ACT lightnings reference guide. And also syntaxes from ma2

Yes, the syntax you described was for MA2. I don't think we've made any articles regarding syntax for program time in grandMA3 yet.

Strange. does CL SM CLEARA work for you aswell?

If you type "Help" into the command line and look at the Command Line History, you'll see a list of all keywords. For each of those keywords, the letters in green are the shortcuts.

• "cl" is the shortcut for Clear
    • "sm" is not a recognized shortcut in grandMA3 v1.6.3.5
    • "cleara" is the shortcut for ClearAll

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!