OnPC crash - Exception error code: 0xc0000005

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • I’m running MA3 1.6 on a movie right now. The software seems to randomly crash multiple times throughout the day. There doesn’t seem to be a universal cause for the crashes. Sometimes it happens when I’m adjusting too many effects in tangent, other times when my web remote connects, and other times still it’ll be when nothing is changing and it’s simply running a sequence. I’m having a hard time finding the root cause of the issue. There is an underlying common trend. After each crash the start up window reads “Exception error code: 0xc0000005”

I can’t seem to find any info on this online yet. Is anyone else experiencing a similar issue and would be able to help me solve this to prevent future crashes?

thanks

• Can you please share a screenshot of your Windows "About" page, specifically including the processor, installed RAM, and Windows specifications (minus the serial number). Also, what GPU does your computer have in it?

Are you making sure to run onPC as a Windows administrator (right-click on the desktop icon -> properties -> compatibility tab -> enable the checkbox for "Run this program as a windows administrator" -> Apply -> Okay)?

• What GPU does your computer have?

Do you have any crashlogs? You can find them in: ProgramData -> MALightingTechnology -> gma3_x.y.z -> onpc -> temp -> crashlogs

• ProgramData, not Program Files. ProgramData is usually a hidden folder, so make sure you have Windows Explorer set to show hidden folders
    • "gma3_x.y.z" = the first three numbers of the software version you're using (e.g. gma3_1.6.1)
  • Be aware that the grandMA3 onPC system requirements states minumum 1024MB (recommended 4096MB) of dedicated video memory (VRAM), while your Integrated GFX, the Iris Plus 655 reports "Dedicated Video Memory" as 128MB.

https://help2.malighting.com/Page/grandMA3/…irements/en/1.6

both crashlogs indicates connection of Webremote as possible trigger/cause of those crashes.

As opening a webremote connection will force your Graphic engine to calculate and render an additional UI/screen, to be streamed to the web-broswer, it would not be suprising if this is the straw that breaks the camel's back

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!