Newbie: Is it possible to stack/layer/mix/blend multiple effects on the same parameter?

• Hi,

I'm using a different lighting software and desk at the moment but I'm very interested in MA3.
    I would like to know if it is possible to stack/mix two relative effects on a single parameter.

What I would love to achieve on a grid of multiple fixtures:
    Run a dimmer chase fx horizontally

Run a dimmer chase fx vertically at the same time.

One way would be to use an fx for absolute values and add an effect for relative values.

But is there a way to mix/subtract/add two relative fx in MA3?

- Some lighting software (e.g. from Nicolaudie Group) got the feature to set sequences to additive or subtraktive. So the dmx output becomes the sum of both executers/cues. - which is very handy and a way to create complex effects.

- Elation and Chamsys don't allow multiple fx on the same parameter at the same time.

Thank you

• It depends on how your sequence priorities are set. Most of the time it is HTP, aka Highest Takes Presedence. Meaning the sequence that puts out the highest value per parameter "wins". To my knowledge there is no setting that addes values together...

For some reason the manual does not have the priority setting expanations at the moment, all it does is link to a page that does not say anything about the topic.

• Thank you for clarifying. I spend a lot of time to figure it out myself with no success: Meaning I can't find a way to mix a parameter with different sequences.

• you can stack/mix multiple relative effects only within the same playback (cue):

Enable the cue property "Allow Duplicates", then store each relative effect you want to mix, as a separate part in the same cue.

• you can stack/mix multiple relative effects only within the same playback (cue):

Enable the cue property "Allow Duplicates", then store each relative effect you want to mix, as a separate part in the same cue.

Awesome, thank you very much!