Timecode for MA3 onPC Mac

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • So, I've been seeing lots of threads on timecode for MA3. I'm fairly new to MA3 and I haven't used any sort of timecode on my shows yet. I decided to take the plunge and do a timecoded show on my iMac with MA3 (no hardware attached) but I'm a little unsure about the best way to actually accomplished this. What will I need to do to get a timecode running in MA3 from an external generator, what programs should I use, and how do I configure it? Thanks for any help!

• Hey JonDMartin,

if you are doing a timecode show for your personal training purposes I like to suggest that you simply use the internal timecode generator. That keeps you focused on programming rather than setting up the timecode show.
    With real grandMA3 hardware it is easy to plug in a timecode feed. For onPC I recommend to have a look at the grandMA3 I/O Node which provides all necessary inputs for the software.

• Yes, You can work with TC over ArtNet and in the newest Version 1.5.x You can use TC via Midi-Software and I found some TC Software Tools to convert from Midi to ArtNet and vice versa. But You might not need them anymore.

I worked with Reaper and MA3 very well (in the former 1.5.x Versions and with the help of the Tools). But have a look at the Videos (e.g. on YT) about MA3 and Timecode to know what exactly you need to work with TC and MA3.

RUN DMX! With my MA3-Wing, Vizkey, and 2K onPC-Node. :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!