9 Questions after first week on MA3

• I know many options are not implanted yet, and it's fine.. Just tell me if it's the case !

Yes I read the manual... but still have questions.. (:

words = Got it.. thanks

1. What is the syntax to copy values from one fixture to another, as used on MA2 ( « fixture 2 at fixture 1 » does not seem to work )

2. What is the new option for OFFTIME.. I need to put a OFFTIME on a TEMP button. How would you do it now ?

3. To build a stage, I had to import 3ds files.. Is it the easiest way to create a stage right now?

4. In 3D window, how do I change custom dimmer levels for different types of fixtures ( some fixtures are way too bright compare to others )

5. « Fadermaster page 1.201 at 100 fade 3 » not working from cmdline. Is the « fade » option not implanted yet ?

6. Is USB midi control implanted yet ?

7. What is the utility of the keyword « Action » ? I did not understand the explanation in Help documentation.

8. What is the meaning of the different software version numbers ( Ver, 1.4.0.2 ) , yep less important question ... (:

9. How to add fixture to a specific effet preset, which is actually Selective to specific fixtures.

Thanks

• 1. What is the syntax to copy values from one fixture to another, as used on MA2 ( « fixture 2 at fixture 1 » does not seem to work )

Fixture <destination> At Fixture <source> works here too. This is functionally the same as Clone Fixture <source> At Fixture <destination>, and you'll get a popup reflecting that. See also this thread.

2. What is the new option for OFFTIME.. I need to put a OFFTIME on a TEMP button. How would you do it now ?

In the Sequence Sheet you'll see a cue at the end of each sequence called the OffCue. Here is where you set the desired fade time for how a sequence turns off.

3. To build a stage, I had to import 3ds files.. Is it the easiest way to create a stage right now?

Depends on what exactly you need. You could build a stage in Vectorworks (or some other drafting program that can export MVR) and then import that MVR file into MA. You can also patch some of the generic set pieces and arrange them.

4. In 3D window, how do I change custom dimmer levels for different types of fixtures ( some fixtures are way too bright compare to others )

Menu -> Patch -> FixtureTypes -> Tap on the desired fixturetype -> {Edit} -> Geometries -> Luminous Intensity

5. « Fadermaster page 1.201 at 100 fade 3 » not working from cmdline. Is the « fade » option not implanted yet ?

Correct - the Fade option is not implemented yet. For now you can use ExecTime for this.

6. Is USB midi control implanted yet ?

No.

7. What is the utility of the keyword « Action » ? I did not understand the explanation in Help documentation.

It's not especially relevant for most day-to-day programming. I don't have a better explanation for it though. Perhaps dherderich might have one?

8. Version meaning gma 2 et 3

Not sure what you're asking here?

9. How to add fixture to a specific effect preset, which is actually Selective to specific fixtures.

Can you elaborate a bit on what you're wanting to do here?

It's not especially relevant for most day-to-day programming. I don't have a better explanation for it though. Perhaps dherderich might have one?

As the action keyword topic already explains, the Action keyword is used for special operations that do not have a designated keyword for this special operation:

https://help2.malighting.com/P…MA3/keyword_action/en/1.4

At the moment, this is the case when working with the position calibration within the 3D window.

When using the position calibration, there would be the need of several keywords like StoreCalibrationPoint1, StoreCalibrationPoint2, ..., CallCalibrationPoint1, CalCalibrationPoint2, ..., SolveCalibration. This would have resulted in 9 different keywords.

Therefore, the more versatile keyword Action was introduced. Together with the Action keyword, the desired action has also to be defined when executing it in the command line.

In the future, it can be the case, that the Action keyword might get some more options to do special operations.

In general, Action can trigger operations that are not used so often by users.

To learn more about the 3D position calibration, read here:

https://help2.malighting.com/P…n/1.4#toc_header_anchor_4

• Fixture <destination> At Fixture <source> works here too. This is functionally the same as Clone Fixture <source> At Fixture <destination>, and you'll get a popup reflecting that. See also this thread.

Well, I am not looking to clone anything.. All I want to transfer values, FX and Times from one fixture to another fixture, using the filter windows to take whatever I need.

What it does now :

The ony way I could tranfer values from one fixture to another fixture is using Copy/Paste Programmer, which does not copy FX.. and does not take anything from the programmer window..

• the cloning function get more options as in the grandMA2.
    by default cloning is doing what you aspect in your request.

adding:
    clone fixture 1 at fixture 2 if preset *.* (this will clone only the selective presets)
    clone Fixture 1 at fixture 2 if sequence thru (will clone in all Sequence's )
    and so on...

• Update:

Actually "fixture X at fixture y" works fine if used with the Moving Lights.. Although, with Colorado LEDs, it does not transfer values..

thats weird...