Trouble Storing Dimmer Effects

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Today I began working on creating effects presets for all of the fixtures I will be using for a conference I am running next week. I was working on a different Ballyhoo effect with different position and dimmer settings and when I went to play back those effects, only the position saved in my presets. I have tried resaving the dimmer so many times I have driven myself to insanity. Anyone have an idea why this is happening?

• It`s simple. If you store the effect preset in POSITION your Preset contains the values for position. But Ballyhoo is an effect which contains values from both: DIMMER & POSITION. Therefor you have to store your preset in the ALL Section.

Same thing for FLYOUT.

• It`s simple. If you store the effect preset in POSITION your Preset contains the values for position. But Ballyhoo is an effect which contains values from both: DIMMER & POSITION. Therefor you have to store your preset in the ALL Section.

Same thing for FLYOUT.

I just selected everything and tried to save in the ALL presets. Still not saving the dimmer effect part of Ballyhoo

• Do you open the Dimmer (by pressing the full key, or using the Dimmerwheel etc.) before you start the effect? In this case the real dimmer value (because of higher priority) will be stored, not the dimmer value from the effect. Please try the following:

select your lights
    goto the attribute position or dimmer
    press the effect key
    start the effect you want to use
    press the store button
    press an empty field in the all preset pool

this works fine for me, so it should work on your side as well! :)

Cheers,
    Lars

• I just tried following those steps, yet it still does not want to save to my presets. I am also working of of the dot 2 PC program. No sure if that would affect how I am programming. It works for storing in and keys, but not presets. All of my other effects were able to be stored inside of the presets

Edited once, last by KillerBlais (June 21, 2016 at 7:28 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!