Grandmaster knob clic setup

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • I think someone asked this some time ago (memory is fading me), I don't think the click can be assigned yet on the GrandMaster.

I just tried this one liner that toggles the fader, it moves the GrandMaster fader correctly but unfortunately it does not affect the output of the desk. I'm sure I missed something simple.

Again the below script on it's own does not work:

Code
    lua'local o = Root().ShowData.Masters.Grand.Master; local v = "NormedValue"; if o[v] == 0 then o[v] = 100 elseif o[v] == 100 then o[v] = 0 else  o[v] = 0 end'

Perhaps someone knows what I missed.

• hoss

it is not an issue with your lua, you will see the same behavior with commandline:

Set Master "Grand"."Master" Property "NormedValue" 0

Masterlevels are realtime parameters (adjustable by executorfaders), changing these realtime parameters does update the object property, but (currently) merely changing the object property doesn't adjust the realtime-level

you could adapt your script to set the actual realtime-level rather than the property:

Cmd('Master "Grand"."Master" At 0') 

If you want to toggle a blackout you could also use regular commandline and utilize the Black function

Black Toggle Master "Grand"."Master"

just be aware that the Black function is primary intended as a press/unpress hardkey function assigned to exec buttons and there is currently no indication that the Black function has been enabled in its pressed state via commandline

• I always forget the Set syntax, I tried and failed with it, but this makes the toggle macro much more simple:

Code
    lua'if Root().ShowData.Masters.Grand.Master.NormedValue == 0 then Cmd([[Master "Grand"."Master" At 100]]) else Cmd([[Master "Grand"."Master" At 0]]) end'

I bit myself with the Black function once before... never again :)

• There's any variant to doit flat mode not toggle?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!