I have a problem wth default attributes in fixture-files.
For a better understanding here is an example:
- The default attribute of the zoom channel of my example head is 50%.
- now I store 100% of the zoom channel on an exector-fader.
- I change the fader to a temp-fader
- The result I WANT to have is a fader that is changing the zoom of my lamp from 0% to 100% (as long as it is active)
- the result I HAVE in real is, that the fader is starting at zero with 50% of zoom and ending at 100 (or 60mm as it is a 60mm Fader) with 100% of zoom.
- What might be or what i would have accepted due to worng settings is that the fader is without action from 0 to 50 and then from 50 to 100 with 50% to 100% of zoom. But it isn't.
- And to be sure: When i change the default to 10%, than the executor fader works between 10% and 100% if i raise it from min to max.
- somebody told me, that i have to store a sequence with zoom of 0% at the first step and zoom of 100% at the second step and then I 'crossfade' between step 1 and 2 - Yes, that works. But that's not how it works on MA2 (as a 'freak' in MA2 told me). There on MA2 it works as expected with a temp fader.
So is this behaviour a bug or a feature? Or is there another fast way to get the result I want (Except putting all defaults to zero)?
Thanks for help!