Dimmer and que parts

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Hi, I have a question.

Consider the following

Cue 1 part 0, Dimmer 100, fade 0, delay 0

Cue 1 part 2, change position, fade 0, delay 2

The fixtures will light up, the after 2 seconds move to another position, fine.

Now consider this:

Cue 1 part 0, Dimmer 100, fade 0, delay 0

Cue 1 part 2, Dimmer 0, fade 0, delay 2

Why doesn't this work? I thought the fixtures will light up for two seconds, then turn off, but the don't.

Thanks!

• Why do You want to store two Cues in one Cue?

Shouldn't the second 'cue 1' better be cue 2? I think there is no reason in Your example why You shouldn't create a second cue (with tracking). I think Your problem is depending on that. because Cue 1 will start at the same time even if there are parts, so it's trying to Dim at 100% and going to 0 after two seconds at the same time. When I am a lighting desk I would go on strike if somebody wants me to do that two things in one step! ;) - even if there is a separation because of the delay.

RUN DMX! With my MA3-Wing, Vizkey, and 2K onPC-Node. :)

• Try to activate "Allow Duplicates" for that cue. It's a column you can set to YES.

Without that an attribute can only exist in one of the parts.

With YES it's like a sequence inside the cue EXCEPT all parts trig at the same time without delay.

• Why do You want to store two Cues in one Cue?

Shouldn't the second 'cue 1' better be cue 2? I think there is no reason in Your example why You shouldn't create a second cue (with tracking). I think Your problem is depending on that. because Cue 1 will start at the same time even if there are parts, so it's trying to Dim at 100% and going to 0 after two seconds at the same time. When I am a lighting desk I would go on strike if somebody wants me to do that two things in one step! ;) - even if there is a separation because of the delay.

I wanted to accomplish this. It was pretty easy now with "Allow Duplicates". The problem with your solution is that I cant start que 2 before que 1 is finnished if I have understood things right. This way I can. It's easy to accomplish this with a Phaser but it keeps going around. I want it to stop after the third step.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by henk (October 19, 2020 at 3:51 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!