Dimmer and que parts

• Hi, I have a question.

Consider the following

Cue 1 part 0, Dimmer 100, fade 0, delay 0

Cue 1 part 2, change position, fade 0, delay 2

The fixtures will light up, the after 2 seconds move to another position, fine.

Now consider this:

Cue 1 part 0, Dimmer 100, fade 0, delay 0

Cue 1 part 2, Dimmer 0, fade 0, delay 2

Why doesn't this work? I thought the fixtures will light up for two seconds, then turn off, but the don't.

Thanks!

• Why do You want to store two Cues in one Cue?

Shouldn't the second 'cue 1' better be cue 2? I think there is no reason in Your example why You shouldn't create a second cue (with tracking). I think Your problem is depending on that. because Cue 1 will start at the same time even if there are parts, so it's trying to Dim at 100% and going to 0 after two seconds at the same time. When I am a lighting desk I would go on strike if somebody wants me to do that two things in one step! ;-) - even if there is a separation because of the delay.

I'm a switcher from Chamsys-System to MA3. Having a MA3-Wing and 2K onPC-Node.

• Try to activate "Allow Duplicates" for that cue. It's a column you can set to YES.

Without that an attribute can only exist in one of the parts.

With YES it's like a sequence inside the cue EXCEPT all parts trig at the same time without delay.

• Why do You want to store two Cues in one Cue?

Shouldn't the second 'cue 1' better be cue 2? I think there is no reason in Your example why You shouldn't create a second cue (with tracking). I think Your problem is depending on that. because Cue 1 will start at the same time even if there are parts, so it's trying to Dim at 100% and going to 0 after two seconds at the same time. When I am a lighting desk I would go on strike if somebody wants me to do that two things in one step! ;-) - even if there is a separation because of the delay.

I wanted to accomplish this. It was pretty easy now with "Allow Duplicates". The problem with your solution is that I cant start que 2 before que 1 is finnished if I have understood things right. This way I can. It's easy to accomplish this with a Phaser but it keeps going around. I want it to stop after the third step.