Fun with v1.3.1.3

  • Here's my report from one days work:

    * Crash when adding to patch
    * Crash when making color phaser
    * Selected 8 fixtures, colorpicker gave one fixture different values than the 7 others

    * Value changes show in programmer but does not show in encoder window

    * Old macros fail in layout - syntax must have been changed.

    * The executor configs that was lost in the upgrade, but later manually imported, turned out to be messed up and useless.

    * Sequence fader affected output with sequence off

    And my old favourites that I always get reminded of:

    * Fade between cues does not work when sequence master fader is not at full

    * Cue names are reset to 'Part zero' after update of cue

    * In the executor window wrong cue is shown as 'previous' (Above current)

    As much as I like new features, maybe it's time to fix at least those three?

  • Yes Rex - we are so lucky to be a part of this :-)


    I'm sure glad I did not have anyone telling me what to program that day!

    I would have looked like a complete idiot - rebooting, losing work, cursing and not being able to make even simple effects.


    Not really sure what to do now..maybe more of my show file was messed up during the update?

    If not it's hard to believe that this was not discovered during beta testing.

    I assume there are beta testing??

  • As outfade was not working in 1.2 I used individual timing. Then updated the show to 1.3. How do I remove individual timing? Also MIB delay had no effect.

    And a Compact XT console has to be re-powered to boot

    And an onPC XT has a start up crash if we do not disable AutoStart.

    Usually I am in the lucky position that Andreas is my local distributor, but in his absence I have waited 3 days now for a proper response/support from my local distributor.

  • I assume you've contacted your local distributor with your show file and specific steps / questions?

    Pyroaxel and I share distributor and they have no normal support at the moment.

    But I will send my show file.


    What would be of great help was if someone from MA would tell me 'this is known' / 'this is new'.

    AND a public list of known bugs and issues we could look at. (The real list, not the one in the release notes)

  • Pyroaxel and I share distributor and they have no normal support at the moment.

    But I will send my show file.

    If nothing else you can email MA International directly.


    Quote

    What would be of great help was if someone from MA would tell me 'this is known' / 'this is new'.

    Several of the issues you're talking about I haven't come across the way you describe them, and would thus need the show file and more context to determine whether they are in fact "known" or new.

  • Things I personally would need more context for (doesn't necessarily mean they're not known by MA International):

    • Crash when adding to patch
    • Crash when making color phaser
    • Selected 8 fixtures, colorpicker gave one fixture different values than the 7 others
    • Value changes show in programmer but does not show in encoder window
    • Old macros fail in layout - syntax must have been changed.
    • Sequence fader affected output with sequence off
    • Cue names are reset to 'Part zero' after update of cue


    Things I can replicate with the info you've already shared:

    • The executor configs that was lost in the upgrade, but later manually imported, turned out to be messed up and useless.
    • Fade between cues does not work when sequence master fader is not at full
    • In the executor window wrong cue is shown as 'previous' (Above current)
  • Thanks Ryan, this was far from proper bug reports of course,

    more a list to show the amount of problems one could run into doing mostly basic stuff.


    I can not reproduce all myself either.

    You can have a try with these if you like:


    * Crash when making color phaser

    This is consistent for me when making two step color phaser and then adjusting the speed for a while.

    Tried with RGBW fixtures


    * Old macros fail in layout - syntax must have been changed.

    Also consistent.

    The line is for instance "Set Layout 3.1 thru 3.5 property "border" "off"

    Reports "Illegal property"

    This worked before upgrading...


    * Cue names are reset to 'Part zero' after update of cue

    Also consistent and been like that since v1.0

    Store a sequence with one cue

    Change name of cue

    Edit Cue 1

    Press update and select this cue for update

    = Name is reset to "Part Zero"

    Without 'Edit' this happens:

    "Store Cue 1 - Overwrite" will also reset

    "Store Cue 1 - Merge" will keep the name