Control of B.O. and Master Fader via CMD?

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Does anyone know what command line statement will trigger blackout? Also looking for the command(s) to control the master fader/dimmer.

I want to program these on my MIDI controller and can't seem to find the commands in the manual. They also don't seem to generate any cmd line output when used in the application so i'm a bit stumped!

• Ok, so this is another massive workaround sadly but here is my Idea:

You can store a group master which acts the same as a Brightness master but only for that group. If you create a group with all of your fixtures and then control that using your Midi device. Sorry for the misinformation earlier but hope this works at least.

Stay Bright!

Lino

• That's still a great idea, Lino, thanks for the tip! I'll give this a go and then I can do something like your suggestion to manually set that executor to 0 to act as a blackout. I just tested this and believe it should meet my rather humble needs. Not trying to get too fancy here, I respect that I'm not working with ma2 or ma3 onPC ;)

Thanks for the help!!

• Hi all, I experimented with this option of using a group dimmer control set to an executor but found it messes up certain executors that I have where dimmer is adjusted. For instance, if I have a setup where I use a dimmer effect, the introduction of dimmer control to that group will override the effect and make the output constant.

After learning more about the terminology, what I'm really seeking is a way to map the Grand Master fader to a standard executor (or control it via the command line). In the GrandMA2 documentation I see the grand master fader refered to as "SpecialMaster 2.1" which seems to be a valid command in Dot2, but I can't seem to get this command to actually have any effect on the grand master fader.

Any thoughts here would be most appreciated! I really want to control this grand master fader via MIDI !

• Progress! When I have the grandmaster set to 50% and execute the command "specialmaster 2.1 full" ....it does indeed put the grandmaster back to 100% !! Now I can use commands such as "specialmaster 2.1 at 50" to set it to half of "specialmaster 2.1 at 0" to trigger an "official" B.O. using a macro!

Now i just need help assigning this to a normal executor so that I might be able to control it via slider. Any thoughts on that, perhaps Lino?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!