Remote App - Off Site

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Hi, Can the Remote App for an IPad / IPhone be used off site to access the dot 2 core desk, for example, to turn off houselights left on by a cleaning crew? I'm thinking of a Church or School installation.

Can the Remote App only be used on the same LAN as the Dot 2 core desk?

Thank you.

• Dot2 has no Remote App. As a workaround you can use an Artnet app like FilRouge at the Apple App store. The Artnet from the app needs to be transformed to DMX and this can be used as DMX Input on a Dot2 console to remote control executors.

• Thanks Go-Button,

So the FilRouge App / Artnet signal would ultimately need to get to the Dot 2 via the same LAN, correct?

If an iPhone / IPad was setup as a VPN client on the LAN for that venue, this might work?

• For the FilRouge app you'll need a Wi-Fi router and an Artnet node that convert the Artnet back to DMX, like this one http://www.enttec.com/index.php?main_menu=Products&pn=70305 This DMX can be plugged into the DMX input port on the console. Direct Artnet input to control executors is not possible as far as I know.

For the VPN you need a PC in session with the dot2 console. This PC can be remote controlled by VPN or remote desktop, but I haven't tested if this is running properly.

Edited 2 times, last by Go-Button (April 29, 2016 at 2:45 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!