A question concerning chases!

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Good day to all of you!

Our theatre company just acquired a Dot2 core console and it is working great, a real marvel of engineering!

However, we have a small problem using chasers.

In one of our plays we have a situation where a light cue on the main stack needs to be active at the same time a chase is playing on an executor fader. Unfortunately every time we activate the chase, it kinda overrides the cue that should be active and shuts it off so that only the chase is playing.

Is there a way to use chases without them overriding cues?

Thank you in advance!

• Hey....

please make sure that you stored only those values in your chase which should be stored.
    What the dot2 does is the following: You have an executor with maybe a dimmer value for some fixtures. Now you have a second executor with other dimmer values for the same fixtures. When you activate the second executor, the first one will be overwritten and turns off. This is called Off/On overwritten.

So the problem could be that you stored all attributes in your chaser, so all attributes are overwritten.
    I hope that helps :-)!

• Hi,

I'm from the same theatre. I stored only the values I wanted my chase to effect. Problem is that in the main cue there is already value, but when I run the chase it will bring the value all the way to the 0%.So the question is is there a way to set a low value for chase or will it always run from 0 to whatever value you give for it?

• Hey,

if you want to have other values than 0% in your chase, you can easily store this in your list of cues. So the chaser function always assigns a general speed to a list of some cues. The values depend on what you stored in your cues. So if you do not want to have 0% you have to store maybe 30% as a value for the lights which are not at 100% in the respective cue. Is this understandable?

A godd way to do that would be to set a general low value for your lamps, maybe 30%, than turn one of the lamps to 100%, this is your first cue of the chaser. Then use the macro "Circular Copy" so all attributes will be copied one step to the right/left. Please keep in mind that circular copy activates all attributes, so please deactivate those attributes, you do not want to store.

I hope that helps :-).

• Hi,

for me sound it, as you have store the same value types of the same fixtures as they were used in the main executer...

For the low value :
    If you use the dimmer effects to build your chase , there is the opportunity to set a low value.

If build the chase as a cue stack which runs automatically, you can set the fixture that should light up to your high value and all the other fixtures to each value that you want as low value it does not need 0%.

I hope I understood your question right and this can help you ;)

• Hi! I have the same Problem such Horsegirl!

For example: i will work just with 12 conventional halogen fixture.
    I have stored one cue at the first exec, afterthat i have stored one another cue at the second exec...

My question is: how can I manage, that always the higher dimmervalue will active?

Sorry for my english... :D

Thanks a lot!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!