How do I set layout element properties with a command?

• When I try to change the Position of the Layout 2.2 Element with the command 'edit layout 2.2 Property "PositionX" "250"' it doesn't set the value 250 but it asks me for a value for the PositionX property. So what is the correct syntax to change a Property of a Layout Element with a command?

• Well Yes and No. I can get it to work but I have a feeling there is either an easier way or this will change in the future. The way Images are stored in appearances looks a little different to the other properties.

So first, listing the appearance pool items:

The Image seems to be stored in the "Appearance" Property of the Appearance Pool Object.

Additionally there seem to be three sub folders of the Image Pool.

So you might think that Set Appearance 1 "Appearance" Image 3.1 might apply the first custom image, but it looks like it's storing the full path

So for example this works:

Set Appearance 1 "Appearance" "ShowData.ImagePools.Fixtures.[plugin1_png]"

And this Also this works:

Set Appearance 1 "Appearance" "11.2.3.1"

but the above 11.2.3.1 requires a little parsing:

11- the the ShowData path

2 - is the ImagePools sub path

3 - is the Custom sub path

1 - is the first image in the custom sub path.

I'm still figuring this all out but it feels like you can either navigate to a data path using either the name or the number, but not both.

Anyway I wouldn't trust this, but it does work... for now.

• I have a feeling there is either an easier way or this will change in the future. The way Images are stored in appearances looks a little different to the other properties.

Actually spoke to support about this... apparently there should not be a way to assign an image to an appearance as of yet. So very impressive that you managed, but he did say there should be a way to do this implemented in a future software version.