BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • After testing MIDI remotes I ended up with the following translation and notes.

Maybe it could be useful to others.

My test was mainly with Target = Sequence, Fader = Master and Key = Go+

MA3 interface name >> Name if I could decide :)

Midi Channel >> Midi Channel

Midi Index >> Note/CC number + 1 (MIDI range 0-127, MA3 range 1-128)

Midi Type >> React to:

Note >> NoteOn

NoteAttack >> NoteOn + Velocity

NoteAttackDecay >> NoteOn + Velocity + NoteOff

Control >> CC message

- NoteOn will trigger the command in the Key column

- Velocity will be sent to the destination in the Fader column with optional scaling/inversion applied

- NoteOff seem to send fader to zero and disable the selected fader function...?? Need help here! :/:!:

- CC message will trigger the command in the Key column if its value has changed

- CC value will be sent to the destination in the Fader column with optional scaling/inversion applied.

- I have not understood/seen any effect of the "Trigger On/Trigger Off" values.:/

- The idle value of 'in' for Note and NoteAttack is 12800.0008, small glitch I guess.

- Not all destinations seem to use Velocity value.

I applaud the flexibility here!

Seems like everything can be controlled with MIDI.

The information is based on my test only so please correct me if I'm wrong or not precise.

• I haven't tested, but here are my speculations regarding the "Trigger On/Trigger Off" properties

- Analoge/Midi/DMX-remotes have many common properties, so all properties may not yet have effect on all remote subtypes

- gma2 analog input was a binary on/off, while gma3 has an ADC input

- trigger on/off might determine threshold for analog voltages required to trigger/release any assigned Key command

• Midi Index >> Note/CC number + 1 (MIDI range 0-127, MA3 range 1-128)

This is a bug which will be fixed within one of the next releases.

Trigger On: If this threshold is reached when increasing the value, the target will be "executed".

Trigger Off: If this threshold is reached when decreasing the value, the target will be "switched off".

I think this could be tested with Temp as key function.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!