BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Via Syntax:

Clone Fixture 1 At Fixture 2 - This will clone the programmer and the state of playbacks from fixture 1 to fixture 2 (= Fixture 2 At Fixture 1 from grandMA2; this Fixture At Fixture works also in grandMA3)

Clone Fixture 1 At Fixture 2 If Sequence 1 - This will clone within Sequence 1.

To specify in which objects you want to clone, you have to use If.

• Thank you for you answer.

Is it possible, that the function isn't working in Version 1.0.3?

When I clone my fixtures via Syntax "clone fixture 601(with informations in all sequences) at Fixture 101 (new "empty" fixtures)", all the stored informations in the sequences or in the pools from fixture 601 aren't copied fixture 101.

• as Dominik described, the function works slightly different in gma3 vs gma2

In gma2 the default clone scope is 'everywhere'

In gma3 v1.0.0.3 the default clone scope is the Programmer

try :

Clone Fixture 601 At Fixture 101 If Sequence Thru

• To me the default clone scope seems to be Output..
    But maybe I misunderstand the term 'scope'

If I clone without any "If", values from both sequences and programmer are used and put in the programmer.

The source is also put in the programmer - is that how it should work? Why do I want the source active?

• Hi Jan,

Your observations are right.

In v1.0.0.3, an additional feature of cloning the programmer is to bring the output of the source into the programmer, to ensure that the source fixtures contains values that can be cloned to the destination fixtures.

I expect this feature will be refined in upcoming software versions.

• When I tried

Clone fixture 1 at fixture 2 If preset 4.1

The end result was nothing. My new fixture type (fixture 2) was not added to the global preset 4.1 which already had fixture type 2 in it.

Is this because I must use the Global fixture now?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!