APC mini WebRemote control (led feedback)

• Hi.

I make code (nodejs) to control dot2
    I use Raspberry PI 3B+ as bridge.

U can test/use PC version - but carefully - fast fader moves can crash code.

U can control dot2pc, or dot2 console.

Minimum configuration needed.

Start dot2
    Turn on web remote (set password remote)

now download nodejs & my code

run from cmd line

node dot2apc

i set up in RPI code IP adres dor dot2 console 10.0.0.100 (U can change this IP in dot2apc.js - use notepad)

ON start - u can control bwing2

buttons on the right side - select bwing2, bwing1, fwing2, fwing1.

Red button - U can select page 1-16 (with shift 1-63)

Fwing mode - red buttons works as faders 0,20,40,60,80,100%

link to the code in the description of the movie on yt

:thumbsup:

• Hi, thanks for publishing your code! This is exactly what Im looking for. However I don't seem to get it working.

Would you mind giving more instructions on how to get it to work?

What I've done so far:

I've set up dot2pc as on the picture with the password 'remote''.

I download and open your code (https://drive.google.com/file/…kLyX2ERvZr42FJXtpFAx/view)

When I open this folder I DO NOT find the file dot2apc.js. There is a file dot2apcmini.js but that DOES NOT contain your IP address (10.0.0.100 ) you gave and said I have to change into mine (I suppose 127.0.0.1 See attached image?)

I have downloaded and installed node.js.

I open the windows CMD and navigate to the folder where dot2apc.js is located. (cd desktop/light.dot2apc) I run the file by typing 'dot2apc.js'

What happens is that the dot2apc.js is opend in my code editor (notepad++). Same happens when I use 'node.js command promt').

I open the windows CMD and navigate to the folder where dot2apc.js is located. (cd desktop/light.dot2apc) I run the file by typing 'dot2apcmini.js'
    What happens is that the dot2apc.js is opend in my code editor (notepad++). Same happens when I use 'node.js command promt').
    When I type "node dot2apcmini.js' I get an error

The error:

Error: The module '\\?\C:\Users\mmark\Desktop\Light\dot2apcmini\node_modules\midi\build\Release\midi.node'

was compiled against a different Node.js version using

NODE_MODULE_VERSION 72. This version of Node.js requires

NODE_MODULE_VERSION 83. Please try re-compiling or re-installing

the module (for instance, using `npm rebuild` or `npm install`).

[90m at Object.Module._extensions..node (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1122:18)[39m

[90m at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:928:32)[39m

[90m at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:769:14)[39m

[90m at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:952:19)[39m

[90m at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:88:18)[39m

at bindings (C:\Users\mmark\Desktop\Light\dot2apcmini\node_modules\[4mbindings[24m\bindings.js:112:48)

at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Users\mmark\Desktop\Light\dot2apcmini\node_modules\[4mmidi[24m\midi.js:1:31)

[90m at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1063:30)[39m

[90m at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1092:10)[39m

[90m at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:928:32)[39m

Could you give me please more guidance?

Thanks

• Hi Thanks! I couldn't rebuild becauseI got a Visual studio error. (try to install it but issue wouldn't resolve).

I manage to get v12.

At first i got an error saying it could find my apc because it was searching for number 0 but it was on number 1 on my system. So I uninstalled LoopBe because I didn't know how to change the order. (How can I?)

But then it worked! THANK YOU, I will get so much play time out of this ^.^

Quick question, when I press "stop all clips" (bottom one of the round buttons to switch wings) all my buttons light u in different colors. What does this page do? At you video it does not light up but at mine APC it does.

Secondly, at the fader wings:

- what do the small blinking lights right above the faders do? (indicating its an active fader?)

- why doe the two buttons above that not work?

Thirdly

at wing 1 and 2 the bottom left of all my buttons light up red. What does this mean?

Thank you so much!

• Stop clip is programer keys - not finished

red dots above the faders is a flash button & status
    (off - fader not programed
    light - fader programed but not run
    blink when works)

two buttons above is a executors above faders

last red button on wing 1 2 is a page nr

• Ah thanks for your support! If you ever get to a future update I would like to know :)

Do you think a fix for the crashing sliders could be a bigger increment (so bigger steps) so I wont send that much data in a short time when you move the slider fast.

• The problem with the sliders only occurs on this controller model.

Other midi controllers I have - work fine. When you move the slider quickly, they send a few midi messages - not all 127.

Unfortunately, the apc mini is designed this way.

In the last update, I added a small delay between the slider messages, but this is not a good solution as it slows down the program and does not fully fix the problem.

I would have to remember the last timestamp for each slider / message and with the appropriate difference only send the code to the dot2 console. I can't do it yet - but if I do, I'll throw in updates.

• Hi Mass,

It works like a charm! You are a hero.

The fiftht button (wing 0) would be the programmer right? No lights are lit.

Would be great if there is a short cut button for store, clear, delete, label, move, etc. Because doing this with a mouse is not the most convenient way when you have to do a lot - hehe :)

Thank you so much for sharing Mass!

-Mark

• HI - I can login to my account (facebook login not work )

Wing 0 is a core fader.

1-6 core faders + Main Exec Master fader & Main Exec XFade

Regarding the programmer - I gave up developing this option as it causes many problems. Since it works as a remote device - it would be hard for me to display additional options, such as confirmation of the operation (update, merge etc) or displaying the keyboard to enter the name.

MASS

• Hi Mark!

I make alternative version of my code for Akai APC mini

U can test - just download js code & put to the old project folder

Now U can control all fwing buttons

U have extrara flash buttons (red dots)

https://github.com/ArtGateOne/dot2apcmini2

select wing 1 or wing 2 & page select mode (edit file)

//config
    wing = 1; //set wing 1 or 2
    page = 1; //set page select mode - 0-off, 1-only exec buttons(5), 2-exec buttons and faders together(5)
    midi_in = 'APC MINI 0'; //set correct midi in device name
    midi_out = 'APC MINI 1'; //set correct midi out device name

-------------------------
    last fader & Shift button
    WING 1
    Grand Master + B.O.(flash)

WING 2
    Master Speed 1 + Tap tempo

• FULL RAR FOR NODEJS 14.16

dot2apcmi is a nodejs code to control dot2 show via web remote (u can only control show - not program)

1 download & instal nodejs version 14.16 from https://nodejs.org/en/download/

2. download this archive . (this is my code & nodejs modules)
    https://github.com/ArtGateOne/dot2apcmini2/blob/main/dot2apcmini_nodejs14.16.rar

3. unarchive it on c:

(run dot2 on pc, turn on web remote - set password to (remote))

4. Run CMD (windows + R CMD)
    type cd C:/dot2apcmini

5. to run - type (node dot2apcmini1.js) is wing 1 new code

dot2apcmini2.js is wing 2 new code

dot2apcmini.js is my old code

U CAN USE TWO MIDI DEVICE ! (just run another node :)

errors: If u get error (cant open APC MINI 0 ) - this is default midi in (APC MINI 1 for OUT) - just open .js file with notepad & change midi nr to correct (You midi device nrs)