Sliding Faders up has no output, instead a red line appears

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • So I have always seen this issue when storing a new cue to a executor with a fader. After I store it I run the fader up and have no output, all I see is a Red line increasing with the value of the fader. I have to bring it to full, then back to zero before it will operate correctly. Now on the latest software update most of my executors will do this every time I turn the console on. Which forces me to go through all my pages and running every fader up to full and back down to zero before I can run my show. I have Included a picture of a fader with the red line next to typically operating faders for clarity. Thanks for any clarification any of you may be able to provide.

• I have the same problem. I have two consoles: dot2 XLF updated three, maybe 4 times, from version 1.1 to 1.5, and a completely new, not used, dot2 core, with a clean version 1.5. All my shows are created in version 1.3.2. and were opened on both consoles, unfortunately, with the same result, i.e. a problem with determining the position of executor faders, right after turning on the consoles, and actually during the first use of executors. I don't remember that there were such problems on version 1.3. I haven't checked yet whether the show created in the clean version 1.5 will have the same problems. I'll check it out after the weekend.

• Thank you for the response Nasula. Yeah In the previous versions I didn't have this issue either. They only time it would happen was when I would store to a executor the first time, but it would never repeat.

• Hi GrandFX,

we are checking this behavior.

The red line you see, displays the where the software sees the fader, which can be a difference to the mechanical position of the fader.

We check here if we can reproduce your described behavior and come back to you, if we have further questions.

Cheers,

michael

• Hey Micahel, thanks for the response. I know the red line is displaying where the software sees the fader, but when it displays the red line it is not outputting the level that is on the fader. I have to bring the fader all the way to full then back to zero to get rid of the red line and allow the fader to output. Thank you.

• Hey Michael, just wanted to circle back to this and see if you were able to find any solutions to this issue. Thank you!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!