Dot 3D Inverted Positions

• Hi All,

Having an issue with Dot2 3D that I'm hoping someone can help with. I programmed a show for a client a couple weeks ago, set up all their presets, etc. They called me this week and asked me to program a few more things. Everything looks perfect when laid out except all of my positions presets are backwards. My 'fan' position looks correct from backstage instead of FOH. I've tried every combination of inverting pan/tilt I can think of, but nothing is correcting it (and no rotation of the fixture in MA3d will either). I don't want to update any of the presets because obviously they are right...any thoughts?

• OK, I think I've narrowed it down to any positions preset that I used the align function to create. My 'fan' preset looks like my 'center' and my 'center' preset looks like my 'fan'. Is there any way to resolve this. If I could just use presets, I'd trust my memory, but the client needs a relatively accurate show (with some fine-tuning of focus on site).

• Invert "Pan" should solve the problem.
    Be aware that you don't see the inverted values in dot2 3D.
    The 3D is like a reference and it is not affected by Pan/Tilt inverting's. Just the outgoing DMX gets affected by this settings.

• Ok, but rotating the fixtures in 3D will just change the start position. It will not solve the inverted Pan problem. Even if the fixture is now rotated 180 degrees, the Pan is still inverted.
    Additionally all your preprogrammed positions in 3D are gone and you need to store them new.
    Normally there is no need to rotate the fixtures in 3D because Invert Pan and Invert Tilt will solve all the problems. This will save all already stored positions.
    The only problem you can't solve with Invert Pan and Invert Tilt is when fixtures are set up 90 degrees.

• Invert "Pan" should solve the problem.
    Be aware that you don't see the inverted values in dot2 3D.
    The 3D is like a reference and it is not affected by Pan/Tilt inverting's. Just the outgoing DMX gets affected by this settings.

So you are saying that even if I invert pan (which I had already attempted with no result) that it won't show up correctly in 3D? I don't want to reset any positions in 3D because I know they were correct in the room, so how do I get my model to display correctly so that the client can plug and play with the file I send them?

• Yes, the 3D is not affected by the inversion. The function to invert Pan and Tilt is called "DMX Pan Invert" which means that only the DMX output gets inverted and not the 3D.
    Think of the 3D as a virtual picture you like to reach. After you 're done with programming in 3D you come to the venue. There you notice that all positions on stage are inverted. It wouldn't make sense at this point to invert the positions in 3D, to have the same moving direction as on stage, because that way you will destroy all preprogrammed positions in 3D.
    It is much better to customize the lamps on stage to do the same as in 3D and to keep all positions and programming.

The only setting to customize fixtures in 3D is a "Flip" setting.