Wishlist for future Versions

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Hello,
    I have a tip for the next utility. List of equipment to assist in the construction scene. My idea is a list in the form of XML or HTML page that will be generated only Dot2onPC. The list includes: Fixture Type, FixId, Name, Patch. XML or HTML format in order to be able to sort by individual columns.
    It's beneficial for other users?

• Dear @Andorphine,

unfortunately we cannot fulfill this wish. Of course you can control every node on the market (via Artnet or sACN), but it is not possible to do this without real dot2 hardware. As the dot2 onPC is a free of charge software we need something like a license key to make sure that DMX is not send without our hardware. This license key is what the dot2 node 4 (1k) is.

Sorry!

MA Lighting Int.

• I would like to see dimming options for the screens, and the external light, they are pretty bright in low light. also the option to lock out the desk with simple password..

Edit:
    Select button to select executor, to use store please other than on the main executor..

Edited once, last by Maggi (February 4, 2016 at 11:05 PM).

• I would love to see dimming of the screens. they are bright on the eyes in show mode.
    I second having more speed faders. even just two or three - one for P/T, one for Intensity and one for Colour

A few other requests -
    - Priority on playbacks
    - utilizing the A/B faders for speed control or rate/ exec time control.

Thanks so much. its a great product, but these little bits really affect the quality that we can produce.

• - Caps lock option would be great
    - A larger timecode window for the external screen
    - If you pick a group of fixtures, change the position and then want to pick some fixtures of the group true the keypad (for example 1+4) you get the fixtures screen instead of staying on the position tab.
    Resulting you to select the position tab again. That's kind of annoying if you'll have to do this multiple times

• I second Stijn Van Eetvelde.

I would like to be able to have the fixture page on the left screen and position/color etc options on the right. every-time you clear the programmer you have to select position again and again etc. takes time, and takes its toll on the touchscreens.

Thanks!

• The ideas just keep coming, sorry guys if I bother you with them, but it would be great to have:

- A Main executer separated per page option in setup. It's kinda tricky and even serious brainwork running a 600 cue show on one fader, no?
    - If you store a cue on an existing cue you'll get the option Merge / Remove / Overwrite. The option to make a new cue with, for example, an auto increase remember when set on the given cue number would be a brain-saver.
    - When storing a new cue after an existing one it would be nice to takeover the settings like Trig, Fade, Out Fade and Out Delay from the previous cue. Always a time saver.
    - If you've selected a value from a cue in the cuelist, for example the Fade option, just using the numeric keys on the console to change the value other than pressing the scroll encoder each time it would even save more time :)
    - The option to set a cue off after it's first run instead of having the endless loop
    - Kinda nitpicking: the mouse scroll doesn't work in the cue list on the external screen

Would be even a greater desk imho :)

- A Main executer separated per page option in setup. It's kinda tricky and even serious brainwork running a 600 cue show on one fader, no?

I say no. It would not be the Main Executor anymore. And no, it's not a problem to have 600 cues in sequence, if you use them sequentially. If you need to use them in different order, have them in separate sequences.

- If you store a cue on an existing cue you'll get the option Merge / Remove / Overwrite. The option to make a new cue with, for example, an auto increase remember when set on the given cue number would be a brain-saver.

That's by default, when you just store to executor, when there's already two or more cues.

- When storing a new cue after an existing one it would be nice to takeover the settings like Trig, Fade, Out Fade and Out Delay from the previous cue. Always a time saver.

... or just set up a default times? Trigger and times can be changed in Cues view for multiple cues at once.

- If you've selected a value from a cue in the cuelist, for example the Fade option, just using the numeric keys on the console to change the value other than pressing the scroll encoder each time it would even save more time

Big fat NO fot that one. By default, numeric keys are suppose to access default object from command line (i.e. Fixture). Once again - you can change times for multiple cues at once. Cursors in sheets should not interfere with command line defaults.

- The option to set a cue off after it's first run instead of having the endless loop

Sounds like need for a chaser with shoot-off mode.

That's by default, when you just store to executor, when there's already two or more cues.

True, but if you're working on cues in a different order that doesn't work.

... or just set up a default times? Trigger and times can be changed in Cues view for multiple cues at once.

If it would just follow the previous cues it would be an act less particular for Trigger options... That's what I ment.

For the other comments; you're right, it would be confusing when the numeric keys won't be able to access the default object.
    About the Main Executor it would be nice having the option in settings. Not to mandatory everyone using it :)

• This has been already mentioned but I want to address this issue so that it would hopefully be added asap.

Groups, Blocks and Wings button on effect window!

I must say that I was greatly surprised and disappointed when I sat down with the dot2 and rig of 44 Sunstrips and realized that (in my opinion) the very basic thing like Groups and Blocks were not found in the effect window. And I couldn't found any reasonable workaround either. So please add the feature or tell me if there is workaround for them.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!