Fixture Light4Me 10 eye Led

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Hello. I need your help.
    In my second job I have this invention, Light4me 10 eye moving beam 10W LED.
    The unit has 10 RGBW LEDs, sending a narrow beam (about 2.5-3.5 degrees). The diodes are spread out in five pieces, on two beams. So there is one PAN move here, and two independent Tilt movements. And that's a serious problem for me that I do not know how to solve.
    Other channels are also very unusual, because they contain, for example, two solid colors and one dimming at the same time.
    In attachments, I upload the channel stack in a .txt file, a photo of the device with the Tilt and Flash numbers, and an SSL2 file with a device that can be opened in eg ADJ MyDMX (this is not an ad).
    I do not send instructions because it is only in Polish and has wrong channel placement. Channels were straight out of the device and I just verified from this program.
    Please help because I do not know how to get to it.
    Ps.
    ADJ LIGHT4ME 10-EYES MOVING BEAM RGBW.txt file extension should be changed to ADJLIGHT4ME 10-EYES MOVING BEAM RGBW.ssl2 (Change name) (because ssl2 can not be placed in the forum). !!!

LIGHT4ME 10-EYES MOVING BEAM RGBW.txt

ADJLIGHT4ME 10-EYES MOVING BEAM RGBW.txt

• hello Lars.
    Ok. I am trying to build the above device.
    I had problems with the new version of MAFB 1.3.2.2, but I have already resolved. It helped launch "as an Administrator" program.

I'm trying to add a
    second Tilt through Add Instances, the program does this, but when I
    open in dot2 on those DMX positions I have blank fields, no description. I do not know how to add it correctly. I
    also do not know how to add five separate LEDs on one and the other
    beam, selected separately on one channel, through DMX values, (a total
    of 10 RGBW light beams). This is the beginning. I will be grateful for any help.
    Cheers.

• Hey,

what you basically need is a Fixture Type which consists of four instances:

1) Pan & Tilt
    2) Tilt 2
    3) General control functions like Dim & Strobe
    4) LEDs

Then you can create instances of the module one and two, one instance of module two and 10 instances of module three. Please make sure that you've created and adressed the instances. Just by creating the module this will not work and you will get the blank fields again.

Hopefully this helps!

Cheers,
    Lars

• It's a bit brighter ...
    But how to connect PAN from Tilt1 to Tilt2?
    In 3d I have "two moving heads", one has PAN and TILT, the other only TILT, and should have the same PAN as the first.+

Edited once, last by nasula (July 4, 2017 at 9:10 PM).

• Depending upon the .XML profile and how it's written, I would say you'll need a Main Module with PAN and the other master controls. Then 2 TILT modules that you would build with TILT and whatever controls they get as masters. Then a RGB Module that 5 instances will parent to TILT1 instance and 5 instances that will parent to TILT2 instance. You'll be parenting a module to a parented module; good luck with that. This all depends upon how the .XML and fixtureProfile is structured. I've put 5 TILTING DIMS on a single PAN fixture, so I know this is possible; it's in the fine details of a fixture I've never physically seen before is the unknown part. This will take hours to proof out...but the fixture seemed simple enough to figure out and get rendering. Just getting the profile working on the actual fixture will take some doing, let alone building the 3D models to accomplish a double parent.

Good luck!

• heyho!

thanks for your comments @Rex. You're probably right if you want to visualize the fixture in dot2 3D with a custom made body. But to control the fixture in real world there is no need to connect PAN and TILT2. This should work fine without a connection...

@nasula: Have you tested your Fixture Type with the real Fixture? Because if you want to visualize this Fixture in dot2 3D you need further knowledge about creating 3D models....

Cheers,
    Lars

• Johannes: Indeed you are correct for getting the profile to control the fixture on the stage...I speak for the MA3D visualization which, I think, most folks really want as well as the fixture controller information. Also, my opinion, that profiles should be written to be as 'visualizer-friendly' as they can be. You perhaps may not always have access to a shop with spare fixtures lying about. MA3D is the next best thing...

Also, a question about the way this OP fixture's DMX chart is structured and how do you cope with this situation, in the actual .XML and that goes a long way in helping me determine the visual side of things. The fine resolution DMX data is separated from the low resolution DMX data by another attribute/channel and not just an extension of the range. It's an extension of the range as well as a different index position and that confuses me. Do you double up the low rez data with fine rez into the first Channel of PAN because you can't specify a duplicated attribute, use a 'dummy'/virtual channel, or something equally swanky/clever? It seemed very strange to see this fixture's DMX chart structured in this way; unlike most 8bit/16bit channel profiles. I'm always trying to determine between what the fixture needs to see in the way of namingConvention compared with the straight DMX links. I assume most of the names are for the console side of things...not necessarily what the fixture on the bench needs to function properly?

Thanks!

• Hello Lars, Hello Rex.
    I did not reply to your posts because I was very busy at work, sorry. I'm working on my device, but it's not over yet, it still requires fixes, so I did not give it a go. In OnPC I think the main attributes work properly (except those not done). I think it looks promising. In practice, I will be able to check it out only during the weekend. As I do, I will write immediately whether it works or not.
    Please advise which attributes of MA Fixture Builder to use for Parameters like:
    1. Speed of PAN and TILT motors
    2. The speed of changes to the built-in programs
    3. Built in Program
    4. EYE Select?
    Thanks for the answers.
    Cheers.

PS. Are there any features described in MA Fixture Builder, which means and where and how to use it?

PS2. Yes, Mr. Lars. I like to build 3D models. I want to learn it. If there is any guide somewhere, please point to where. I need this because most of the lights I program at home. In the second job, we come only for the assembly and duration of the art, and usually do not have time to program. So 3D would be very helpful to me.
    But if it is too difficult for me, I can do it without even that.

PS3. On channel 15, I have an eye selection, which depends on the DMX value on this channel. Which attribute to choose to run this program? It is possible?

PS4. Can the order of instances be arbitrary? I would like to have 10 led first, in one line, for easier identification of the diode numbers, and the other instance sequentially after them?

It took a while. Thank you again for every reply.

Edited 2 times, last by nasula (July 11, 2017 at 12:05 AM).

• The instance order can be as you like; IE, how it appears on the fixture's head. There is no instance builder in the fixture builder. You'll have to hand edit the .XML profile to build the array yourself. There are differences in default models and custom models, in the way the instance array is written.

For example: Here's the simplest of arrays.

XML
    <Instances index="1">
    			<Instance index="0" module_index="0" />
    		</Instances>

It describes a single instance of the first[0] module described in the Module index to render.

Most fixtures consist of more than one module. To that end a second module_index is added. The descriptions for modules is above the Instance array, which is logical.

XML
    <Instances index="1">
    			<Instance index="0" module_index="0" />
    			<Instance index="1" module_index="1" />
    		</Instances>

This instance array describes 2 instances to render, a single instance of module#1 and a single instance of module#2.

This paradigm continues on. Describe the module and it's functions, then lower describe how many and where to render them. Things get more complicated with multi instance fixtures attaching[parenting] to other modules. You then need to assign PATCH data, POSITION data, and PARENT data for things to render correctly.

So, to continue for your example. Your instance array may end up looking something like this:

This is conceptually how to construct the array for a decent visualization. With default models it will look horrible because of the 2 default Headmover models. This is where custom models come into the picture. You create the shapes you need to point to. This goes a long way in creating a reasonable visualization to base programming upon.

Good luck!

Rex

PS: I hope this helps. With the parent_instance=, you'll need a custom model constructed correctly for the Class of fixtureType. Not exactly sure how you'd parent 'default' models together like this...I think they'll default parent to the main module and that's not what you want rendering... That's a question for Lars!

Edited 2 times, last by Rex (July 11, 2017 at 4:32 PM).

• Hello.
    How can I change the patch for TILT2 in instances, which is automatically assigned, unfortunately wrong?

PS. Rex, did you see our conversation? The file you sent me does not work properly, what could be the reason for this?

Edited once, last by nasula (July 20, 2017 at 11:05 PM).

• The first Module has 4 DMX channels, Pan and Tilt1 both in 16bit resolution so the next Module is starting at channel 5.
    If you have unused channels in Main Module then you can use a Dummy channel for this (Control > Dummy)

• Perhaps so, Nasula. I did combine the fine rez with the low one in the single attribute channel as Go-Button suggests because I have no experience in doing it 'split'. I was unaware that you need to fill the empty spaces with a 'dummy'...but I still don't 'get it'. This is not an 'unused' channel it's a split channel. I usually need a visual example to make sense of things.

With instances it's tricky with patching for me. You can use absolute patching in the module and leave the patch assignment out in the instance definition or you can define the attributes and then use the instance array to patch the sub fixtures. I struggle sometimes determining the route to the solution with patching.

PS: yes, I'm following along, ;). I do with many Threads/Posts at both forums, MA2 and DOT2

• Hello gentlemen.
    Go-Button. If I add the DUMMY attribute, nothing changes. Still, Tilt2 is not working on channel 3 just for 8. I get a device like for a photo.

Rex. THNX for your help to me. I understand, I am often late at night at work, and I am not always here. :)
    What about the entry. I do not quite understand what you are writing. But I'm working on it. :huh:
    I have some ideas, but again Fixture builder does not work for me. I have to do ctrl + c on my laptop and put the system on again. :cursing:
    Lars, in his earlier post, suggested, "Please make sure that you've created and adressed the instances."
    I created them, but I can not override them. Maybe the problem is that functions of the same attribute belong to two different instances ...
    So probably the easiest, to resign from the FINE attributes. I will try as soon as MaFB starts.
    I do not know. We continue to cluster.

Are you working on GMa2 or dot2?

• I have problems with Fixture Builder 1.31 and my laptop as well. I create a profile, try to export to .XML and get a CTD/assertion error. This didn't happen with all other versions of Fixture Builder?? Only 1.31 doesn't work on my laptop which is odd because my studio machine is Windows 7 as well....and V1.31 works fine...exports .XML files.

I work in previz with MA2 and use DOT2 for testing fixtures and as free universe if needed.

• Thank you MA Techsupport.
    I re-map the DMX channels. The device has two modes. 18 and 53 channel. I saved the feeds in the 10eye.txt file because there are a lot of bugs in the original instructions. I think this device will also be useful to other users because I have found several varieties of similar devices with two and even three triangular joins. It is easier to learn and create on a particular example.
    P.S. I think mode1 with 18 channels is a bit complicated, so if you can not do two modes then I would choose mode2 with 53 channels which is simpler to create and operate.

10eye.txt

Thanks again, I will also send files directly to MA Techsupport.

Edited 2 times, last by nasula (July 24, 2017 at 8:30 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!