Thanks Andreas, I am aware of both of these workarounds! And thanks Ryan for confirming. Sounds like ACT has a list of features that are 'on the table', not just suggested. Could this be shared with the community?
BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
Ok, that really doesn't help me here. Can you confirm any other features that slated to be implemented or deny any that are on the list above?
Further more has anyone else heard of or suggested features to their distributors?
Well that seems like a major mis-step with the buttons, but thanks for confirming it's lack of support - that honestly does help me a good deal. I've edited my original post to reflect the new knowledge. My questions remains though!
And for clarification, I said available to the public, not v1.0. Release for v0.8.3.1 was 2018-08-02. 4 years, 4 months, 4 days excluding today, no? Granted it was only console software at that point.
Hey all, this is directed at the moderators, but would like to hear others opinions on this:
After reading Ryan Kanarek's 'What's taking so long?..." thread and much of the back and forth on this forum regarding implementation of new features over the 4+ years the MA3 software has been available to the public, I question why MA is so secretive about new potential features and development. I'm not asking that we get a 1-for-1 calendar of what is to come and when, but would it be that detrimental to the community / software if we knew approximately what features we can hope for in the future? Even broad strokes of such.
I think many, myself included, are excited to be building our core showfiles in MA3 while discovering all the new and time saving features that are already implemented - but there are still so many quality of life features that require LUA workarounds and MA2 functions that I've personally rely on without knowing if I need to think about redistributing my dependency on those features or not.
Anyways, I appreciate the work ya'll have done so far and understand the software is a slow evolving organism - just looking for a little light to help guide me through the transition.
And here's some wild speculation as to what I've found collected from various sources:
- Tracking shield (Mod's MA Forum Post)
- Finite loops in phasers (MA Forum Post)
- Single digit shortcut for programmer values (MA Forum Post)
- User-customizable attribute-encoder page arrangement (MA Forum Post)
- Extracting hard values from fixture to fixture (MA Forum Post)
- ASCII import functions (MA Forum Post)
- Deactivate calculator function (Mod's MA Forum Post)
- Agenda (Implemented v1.5!)
- Gels in patch (MA3 Manual)
- Channel pages (Asked for, MA Forum Post)
- Command line multiplication (MA3 Manual "*" page references it, but maybe is just calling it by it's alternate symbol name)
- Conditionals (Assumed, lots of posts asking for it)
- Bitmap or some sort of pixel mapping (Mod's MA Forum Post)
Confirmed Not Happening
- Rotary encoder button presses assignable