Posts by BostonLX

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here

Some updates on this work. I know the board is able to network since today I was able to put a PC into the system and get the onPC program to connect and sync up with the board. It was not an issue at all- the board found the PC when I plugged it in and downloaded all the information after I invited the onPC program to join the session.

But I am still unable to find the 2 Port Node. I have the devices set up so they are close to each other in IP addresses (192.168.0.201 for the board, 192.168.0.205 for the node), but there is no discovery. I have tried adding a new node on the menu using the information from the node itself, but nothing turns green. And hitting the "Add Present" button gives me nothing. I feel like once the board discovers the node, then it's just a question of updating the node from the board so the firmware is updated (to 1.82, I believe?) and everything will be working together. It's just the issue of the board not "seeing" the node. Any suggestions?

Here is my current issue-

I am currently running a show with a GrandMA1 lite. We run it through a network (which allows us to run MA on PC as a "backup" board) and everything networks into a 2 Port Node which then sends out signal over "traditional" DMX cables.
    We have recently upgraded the board to an MA3 compact XT which I am running in MA2 mode. I have tried setting the IP addresses to the same as the ones I have set up on the 1 lite, but the board does not seem to be finding the 2 Port Node. I had been told that the 2 Port Node we have is compatible with the MA2. Is the issue that I am actually using a 3 but running in 2 mode? Should the board still be able to find the 2 Port Node that I am currently using? Is there some other step I have missed? Or do I need to get an upgraded 2 Port Node?

Thanks,
    BostonLX

You can load the grandMA2 show file in any grandMA2 version that is newer. All show file migration related stuff that happened in versions in between will also be done.

For example, your show file is converted to be a grandMA2 v2.9.1 show file.

When you load it now in grandMA2 v3.9.60.50, all the migrations from 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, and so on will be done by the software.

dherderich,

If this is the case, is there a reason why I wouldn't be able to find an MA2 file on the MA3? I have the 3 booted up in "2 mode" and when I go to the backup page, I can see the USB that is plugged into the board. And I know that the USB has an MA2 file, because I saved it directly from the conversion program. Is there some other step I am missing? I thought it was due to the difference in versions. But if the software should do all the migrations, then is there another reason why the showfile isn't being seen on the USB?

I currently am running a show on a GrandMA1 light.

Recently the theatre purchased a GrandMA3 compact XT.

So now I am trying to convert the showfile so I can run the show on the new board. The original thinking was "Well, the MA1 file can be upgraded to a 2 using the conversion program supplied online by MA. Then the MA3 can be run in 2 mode and read the converted show file." But the more I am looking into this, the less likely it is looking. But I wanted to reach out to those who would know more than I to see if there are possibilities.

The file from the 1 light has been converted to a 2 through the MA online software. And my understanding is that this should bring it to version [2.9.1]. So where should I go from here? How many offline editors will I have to go through in order to get this to work, if I can at all? From what I've gathered, the MA2 software running on the 3 is version [3.9.60.50]. Am I out of luck trying to make this upgrade happen? Am I going to have to start from scratch?

From the research I've been doing, it looks like I might be able to go through the process of upgrading the showfile by opening and re-saving it through offline editors. But looking at the MA website, I don't even see an offline editor that will open my current converted MA2 file since the version is so old.

On the MA 2 forum where I posted this question, someone answered that the MA3 could be set so that the outputs will act as inputs instead and could record the show as I run it on the 1 Light. Any advice on how to go about this? I think that is beyond my knowledge of the board.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.