Posts by Chris_

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here

Hey,

Thanks for your suggestion, no it is not late. Furtunately somehow, I got it to work. I have no idea how, but after two or three reinstallations, it started to work again.

On my laptop, where I had this issue, I have only one GPU, which is integrated, so it's kinda slow for 3D, but it gets the job done for me. I have no clue what caused my problem.

Thank you for your time!

Hello

Yesterday I had no problem with MA3D, but today it is not working. I only see in the Stage View tab a black screen. No fixtures, no light, nothing.

The dot2 and MA3D are in the same session, and I can join the 3D, and it loads the fixtures, and if I select fixtures in the 3D object tab, it selects them in dot2 too, but every camara angle is black, no 2D view.

I tried to join the dot2 and 3D in a new session, but it did not help. I changed the interface, but this did not help.

I reinstalled both pieces of software and still have no Stage View.

If the MA3D is not in a session I see the 3D objects.

I found this error log:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

---

Stacktrace:

at MALighting.GrandMA3D.GrandMA3DRoot.RunWhileIdle()

at MALighting.GrandMA3D.FGrandMA3D.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at MALighting.GrandMA3D.Program.Main()

---

I do not know what happened. I rewrote the entire fixture, and it works. I added the CONTROL - FixtureGlobal (FixtureGlobalReset) as you said, and I set the RESET to 253, and it just works. :D :D

But for my other fixture the CONTROL - RESET works, for this fixture, I do not know what happened.

Well, now I do not have the countdown when I press reset, and nothing happens. ^^ I did everything you said, but it got worse. ^^ ^^

I rewrote it as it was, and still I do not have the countdown, and nothing happens.

I am wondering if something is wrong with the fixture builder.

Thanks for your idea!

Hey there, I ran into a little problem with the reset option in Dot2.

I created a few fixtures, and I had not run into this problem before. I have a moving head that I can reset with DMX. In the control section, there is a button to reset the fixture. When I press this button, it does nothing. I can see no DMX output on that channel when I press reset for the selected fixture. I have a similar fixture where the reset works. In the fixture builder, I did the same thing for both fixtures. For the first one, it worked, but not for the second one.

If I bring up the fader for the reset, it works well, but not with the press of a button.

Hey everyone,

I am looking for help visualizing split colors. I have moving heads with a color wheel that has split colors. I managed to make a split color "image" that I can use as a GOBO, and this is the point when I stuck with this.

What I did was add a DUMMY cahnnel and use it as a mode cahnnel where I put a GOBO2 in it with all of my split colors (and made the GOBO2 wheel in the Wheel manager). I have six split colors in the fixture. I would reference the COLOR1 and when the value of the COLOR1 reaches the split colors (81 thru 139), I would use the GOBO2 (which is the dummy cahnnel and is in break 2) to add the split colors. But it does not work as I expected. If I only add one split color to it, it is like that gobo is stuck. If I add an open gobo from 0 thru 80 (full colors), then the next gobos will not show just as a white open gobo. (I used the MA2 fixture builder)

The fixture has only one gobo wheel with eight gobos. If I replace any of the gobos with the one that I created, then I can see the split color in 3D.

Hey everyone,

I am looking for a solution for pausing the master speed(s). I have an effect where I assign it to use the master speed so I can control its speed. I realized it would be nice to stop the effect without touching the fader to stop the master speed. So what I would like to do is, for example, if I set the master speed 1 at 115 BPM and press and hold a button or just toggle it, then the master speed 1 would be set to 0 BMP, and when I release the button, the master speed would go back to where it was before without adjusting the speed manually.

I think I figured it out thanks to you, so I did not have the effect wheel. I think this was my problem with the prism picture and the off button. After I viewed your fixture profile, I saw the effect wheel. I added it to my fixture and added the 3 facet prism to it, and now I think it is a perfect fixture profile.

Thank you again for your time and your fixture profile! <3 :)

I used the built-in fixture builder in MA2 because there are Mode channels, which allowed me to turn on the Prism when a different channel has a value.

That's why I asked you about what you used. Because I had no success with the dot2's fixture builder.

:D

Hey, it is amazing what you did!

Sorry for the late replay. I did not manage to get the prism icon and the "on" button to work, but if I change the "Prism 1 Select" (the button in the left corner) then it turns on. For me, I do not know why or how, but if I want to index or rotate the prism, it does not disappear.

I will look in to your XML file to see what you did, so maybe I can figure out your amazing work.

Thanks for taking the time to figure it out in a different way!

Did you just use the dot2 fixture builder?

When I wrote what the prosmle is I found a post on ma-share (http://www.ma-share.net/forum/read.php…16972#msg-16972).

Then I did not think I should download the XML files and try them out in dot2, but I should have done that.

Because what A_art wrote is kinda similar to what I did and the post says.

I followed the instructions on the ma-sahre post and now it works.

It is still not perfect, but it is almost as good as if the prism was on two separate addresses.

Only the prism1 select does not work yet, so you can not turn it on, but if you change the value it is like you selected prism1. I think I can live without that, but I will try to make that work too.

I read a similar solution for this issue on ma-share, but I think this is not possible for dot2 or I just did not unterstand the dmx remote part.

Do you think it is possible in dot2.

(I think you think this post was in MA3, I may be wrong)

Thank for you time, to share this information!

I can turn ON and OFF the prism but thats all I can do.

Yes with the raw effect I can send out the DMX but that will not work in 3D.

Thanks for you idea I will try it in MA2.

I tried it with MA2, but I had the same problem.

I founded what causes my problem with the prism, the same dmx parameter used to have either fixed prism or rotating prism. If I create a different channel for rotation and position effect, then it will work. Is there any chance I could make it in to one channel?

Hey,

I am trying to use a GLP Ypoc 250 Pro with dot2, but I can not seem to figure out how to control the prism.

My problem is I can not index and rotate the prism.

I tried to edit the exported fixture profile with MA Fixture Builder, but if I edit any channel then the prism will not work.

I also tried to recreate it with Fixture Builder but no luck with that, because the prism will not work. Once I maneged to use the index slider but after that I changed a value in Fixture Builder and then I could not use the prism channel at all.