Posts by JSchaefer

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here

Hello,

I am a lighting console operator in film with years of experience using MA / MA2. I am currently trying out MA3 (Command Wing) for the first time, and I must say that I am generally impressed. However, I am quite disappointed that there are so many functions not yet implemented / operational.

I do find some of these non-operational functions to be quite hindering, as is the case with the XKeys which also appear to be the shortcut keys for functions such as View, Phaser, Macro, Page, Exec, etc. This includes the ability to assign Macros and other shortcuts to these keys. Because of the speed in which we operate in film, this makes the MA3 Command Wing unusable for me, especially since it does not support Mode2.

Is there any projected date for completion and implementation of these functions? I would really love to move over to MA3, but it is just not possible until it is fully functional. I am hoping to purchase my own console, soon, but I can not confidently invest into an MA3 while it is still incomplete... and I do not want to be putting money towards used and discontinued MA2 equipment.

Thank you for any insight.

-Justin