Posts by hannie

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here

Yes I think this is just not possible. When using integrate only the the attributes known at that moment in the showfile are being referenced. When adding a new fixture in the showfile with new attributes each phasers needs to be updated. I am now looking in the clone fixture x attribute "ColorRGB_*" at fixture x attribute "FlowerColor_*" syntax to make it easier.

Hello Forum,

I have an all preset, which is a phaser and references a universal color preset. It has been created using integrate/step.

When new attributes are added to the universal color preset, these won't show up in the specific step in the phaser where this color preset is integrated.

It seems like there is no reference, I want all attributes in the universal color preset to be used in the phaser step.

Is there a way to update the phaser preset? I have tried recast but that does not seem to work.

When you press the MAkey you can have a different fuction on your executor.

The command is "set page x.y MAkey" which opens the list of functions

Thanks for the suggestion but it is not really what I am looking for.

The command is run inside a macro. So for example I have a bunch of macro's for all different colors.

When running macro "Red" the sequence should load Cue "Red" of Go "Red" depending on sequence running state.

Here is a simple plugin for selected sequence.

Very cool do you think this could also work using Collect instead of the selected sequence?

So the LUA script would always use the first sequence in the collect list?

Because when using Collect instead of the selected sequence it won't effect the master faders

Hello Forum,

I would like to use Go when sequence is running and Load when sequence is stopped.

Is there something useful for this?

I have a workaround by add both commands in a seperate line in a macro and then in on/off cue's disable/enable the correct line.

But this is very inconvenient it takes some macro's to manage the correct state.

I would like to know if anyone has a better idea?

Thanks.

Hello forum,

I have created a sequence with different positions fx cues (circle, pan, tilt)

The sequence is assigned to an executor and to control the effect the fader is assigned as a temp fader.

This works but when going to the next cue the temp fader resets to the maximum value. I want the temp fader to remain it's value.

I have tried things as go, load, on and many different executor settings but nothing worked.

I am looking for an easy solution to be able to fade between different position fx.

On the forum I could find a similar topic but without clear solution: Temp fader acting as go

I thought just give it a go, maybe someone has a workaround or know if this is not possible at all?

Thanks for all the help.

Thanks that code works I can see the random number value changing when debugging using GetUserVar $RND

But somehow when changing the XShuffle in the preset the pattern does not change (also when doing it manually).

Also changing XBlock, XGroup or XWing have not effect. What does change the effect is XFade and XDelay.

Not sure what I am doing wrong

Hi Forum,

Would it be possible to reshuffle a preset on an OffCue?

I have the following macro so far:

Code
    Set Preset 21.1196 Property "XShuffle" 6

It works but it is not random, would it be possible to increment the value or pick a random number?

Thanks.

Hello Forum,

I have created a phaser in the all pool (selective) with many steps referencing color and dimmer presets.

It works but I don't like the effect on that specific fixtures, is there a way to swap the fixtures while remaining the effect? (change selection grid?)

I have tried creating a new recipe and referencing that effect with an other group but that does not give any output.

It there a way to do this? As the preset has many steps recreating the effect takes a lot of time, there must be a faster way.

Thanks

I have created a very simple macro to demonstrate the problem.

Make sure Fixture 1 is patched and the default color is white so when turning on the dimmer there is color output.

Code
    Fixture 1;
    Attribute Dimmer At 100 Width 10;
    Next Step;
    Attribute Dimmer At Release Width 90;
    Next Step;
    Attribute Dimmer At Release Width 0;
    Step 1 Thru 3 Transition 0;

One liner: Fixture 1; Attribute Dimmer At 100 Width 10; Next Step; Attribute Dimmer At Release Width 90; Next Step; Attribute Dimmer At Release Width 0; Step 1 Thru 3 Transition 0;

Code
    Fixture 1;
    Attribute Dimmer At 100 Width 10;
    Next Step;
    Attribute Dimmer At Release Width 90;
    Next Step;
    Attribute Dimmer At Release Width 800;
    Step 1 Thru 3 Transition 0;

One liner: Fixture 1; Attribute Dimmer At 100 Width 10; Next Step; Attribute Dimmer At Release Width 90; Next Step; Attribute Dimmer At Release Width 800; Step 1 Thru 3 Transition 0;

Why is the length of the color output not the same?

Hello Forum,

I don't know if this is a bug but it is not what I would expect.

I have a phaser with a "clap" effect:

Step 1: White, 100%, Width 10, Transition 0

Step 2: Release, Release, Width 90, Transition 0

Now I want this effect in different lengths without affecting the length of the clap.

To do this I add a 3th step with a width of 0 which can be changed to introduce padding to the phaser

Step 1: White, 100%, Width 10, Transition 0

Step 2: Release, Release, Width 90, Transition 0

Step 3: Release, Release, 0%, Transition 0

When I change the width of step 3 it does not respect the length of the clap.

I would expect the white clap always be a width of 10

Could this has to do with the release values?

In the attachments I have added a showfile to debug.

Execute Edit Preset 21.1 then in the phaser editor change the width of step 3 to 700 for example and check the color in the grid layout

Hello forum,

The latest updates improved the phaser workflow a lot but I might be missing something.

I often store nice looks in the all preset preset.

When I load the phaser again from the preset pool into the programmer all the references to the presets used are not shown.

I see this overview:

It doesn't give me a good overview of what presets are used.

I would rather see the presets from the listref depends on

This is also what I see when initially creating the phaser.

Is there some way to get that initially overview back for stored phasers?

Thanks for the inspiration. I ended up with two macros

Export Macro For Edit

Code
    Export Collection "export4edit"

Import Edited Macro

Code
    Label Collection "Exported for editing"
    Import Macro Library "export4edit" At "Exported for editing" /Overwrite

The Macro to be edited has to be collected first.

Then run "Export Macro For Edit" to export the macro so it can be edited in VSCode.

When changes are made run "Import Edited Macro"

It also works for multiple macros

Hello Forum,

I'm trying to change my workflow of editing complex macro's by using VSCode.

Right now I'm doing:

1. Enter the command Export

2. Click on a macro

3. Have VScode open at folder \gma3_library\datapools\macros to edit the macro

4. Import the macro Import Macro Library "white bump 1.xml" At Macro 3901 /overwrite

But step 4 takes a lot of time to write and also it does not respect the label it adds an incremental number to it which has to be corrected afterwards.

Has anyone an idea of how this workflow could be improved?

Thanks

Phasers are not random, they are very predictable. What makes the random effect is if you use it on a shuffled group.

What I would do in the template show is create groups 1 to 5 which you manually store your unshuffled groups.

Then you create a macro that for all groups created a shuffled version. Something like:

Code
    Group 1
    Shuffle
    Store Group 101 /Overwrite
    Label Group 101 "Group 1 Shuffle"
    ... repeat for all groups

(You can run the macro again if you want a new order)

Now in your sequence recipe line you can choose which group you want to use, the normal or the shuffled version.

You can even write a macro that replaces the group in the recipe so you can easily switch between them

When I run List ScreenConfig the result are only three items: 1 for Default, 2 for 3D and 3 for remote.

Are you sure that x is the screen number? I have created the view with 4 layout views only on display 4 (E4) (ViewButton 7, View 19)

The following command works but the change is only visible when manually changing/refreshing the view so not very helpful.

Set View 19.9."LayoutViewSettings" Property "Layout" "1.Layouts.8" 

Do we need to use ScreenConfig immediately apply the change and refresh the display?