Posts by Jeca81

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here

So MA tech Support responded Quickly

The Software developers have to Check it and yes there seems to be a difference How relative phasers are tracked between Version 1.6 and 1.7.

A Solution is to Set a yes for sync in the Cue List. I never tried and have no idea what Sync does But will Try it later this evening

After trying a lot of combinations:

feel free to try it with the demoshow File.

Making a cue list via recipes:

-1-

Cue 1 All Spots Position Straight Front; Dimmer 100

Cue 2 All Spots: Circle (the predefined in Preset 21 All 1) which is Relativ without Absolut Values

Cue 3 All Spots : Dimmer 80

Cue 4 All Spots: Dimmer 60

Cue 5 All Spots Dimmer 40

Hit GO: Spots start to circle but jump back to the starting point when starting Cue 3, 4 and 5

Adding a Fade Time to cue 2 makes a smoth infade for the Phaser. (When your fade time is very long, you can hide the cue change jumps).

-2-

Copy Circle Preset and give it some absolut points via programmer so that you have a phaser with absolut and relativ position values.

replace the Relativ Circle Phaser with this new absolut Phaser in Cue 2

Now the phaser runs trough without jumping.

But when you give it a short fade time it looks totally strange, the spots move in weird directions during the fadetime.

-3-

Building an Absolut Circle with two Presets.

I make two presets for my lower and upper tilt Position and use them for step 1 and step 2 in the phaser editor.

And surprise: now the Phaser runs through the cues without jumping AND i can fade the phaser cue in and out.

So Number 3 would be my solution, but i think relativ phasers should work as well and this jumping is not right somehow.

Is it a bug, that the phaser restarts every cue change?

No just a cue List in a sequence

Lets say Circle Phaser starts in Cue 2 And should run through Cue 10

Cue 3-10 are cues without any positions

The cues are trigered with go+

Each cue Change makes the Phaser do a reset - and it Begins new - you will see a Jump in the movement.

This behaviour ist when the phaser is a relative phaser with no absolut value in it.

When the Phaser hast absolut pan and Tilt values, it Runs smoothly to cue 10.l without getting resetted In every cue Change.

When i use absolut phasers i have the Problem that i can‘t Fade Them in. They make weird moves when they have a Fade Time.

Same problem here, but even with sequences and phasers i created in v 1.7

position phaser is started via recipes in a cue and tracked through some cues where no position is changed.

But every new cue it seems the phaser is starting from new and it Jumps. -

You can see this even in the DMX values.

Can someone help please??

Looking again and trying different things i noticed something:

I have a cue list and i'm using recipes, so all cues are "empty" - everything is enabled via recipes

Cue 1 enables dimmer preset 100% for my group

Cue 2 starts a phaser

Cue 3 sets dimmer preset 50% for my group

IF Cue 2 recipe starts a "modified phaser" preset, the phaser stops in Cue 3

If Cue 2 recipe starts a "template phaser" preset, the phaser is still running in Cue 3

So i think because in template phaser presets there is no group stored in the phaser, the phaser will not be overwritten with the dimmer preset of Cue 3.

Can anyone confirm this?

In my cue List i have some phasers running.

They are all implemented via recipies.

How do i stomp these phasers??

Lets say phaser 18 is in the recipie preset group 22

i tried:

stomp phaser 22.18

off phaser 22.18

stomp preset 22.18

off preset 22.18

Stomp Cue X

but it doesnt work, in the next cue the phaser is still running??

It was an idea of two of us - to build a discord server for gma3 stuff in german. It is still growing and not MA official. But maybe this is kind of what you are looking for... :) We are all users and no developers but we try to help each other.

https://discord.gg/HrUqhKwP

could you Repost the link to the Discord? Bis klicking it says „Not valid anymore

Hello and Good Morning.

Quite new to the MA3 world. Testing my new Command Wing since yesterday.
    I recognized there are many gestures that are usefull and i want to Buy some Touchscreen Monitores.
    BUT i noticed that Touchscreen on a MacBook is Not so easy. Will it work with the GrandMA3 Software Even if OS X is not Supported or what is the Point?