Posts by qr123de

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here

There are many solutions to that problem.

Use a switch that connect to both networks/switches using two vlans. One for each network (MA-Net/Art-Net).
    The port to the laptop to have access to both vlans.

DO NOT BRIDGE THE TWO NETWORKS using the third switch, because of missing vlan configuration!

Do you know this video from ACT?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

When you are interested in very deep network stuff, then take a look at how wifi transfers multicast packets.
    Things getting really interesting, because you can jam your wifi really easy.
    All this is also related to the wifi standard your are using.

I have never tried to start so many executor at once.

You can use this cmd-line to start 201,211,206 and 216:
    Go Executor 201+211 + 206 +216

When you replace the GO by SELECT you can use the master section "GO" to start those 4 executors.

Do you really want to "remote" or is all installed on the same pc and are you using onPC ?
    If yes, you can use a virtual midi cable like "loopBE" or others.

When you are really want to control a console and you are not able to connect a second midi device for connecting the console, you can use my midi to art-net converter to remote the console using Art-Net instead of midi.

If you need only 14 notes in total, you can use the free version of BOMAC.

But you still need a midi interface to get notes from ableton to BOMAC (e.g. loopbe), onPC (e.g. loopbe) or Console (physical 5 pin din cable)

Very easy with 360 degree pan moving heads like the spike.
    Just put the movers into the rotation in a phase. In the video you see that the spike is always 100% and you see the beam on the back of the stage.

-

Easy with not 360 degree moving heads.

Make two positions presets: 1) Movers look left 2) Movers look right

Then create an effect containing position and dim.

For pan use the presets and use a "ramp" as curve or a "custom diy ramp".
    Now use the dimmer to turn on and off the light when the mover moves back to first position.
    Usually it as a rectangle, but you need to adjust the start/end that the movers have enough time to pan back to the start with max speed. Maybe you need to modify the position "ramp" to get better results.
    like this:

Code
    /|
    / |_

to getting more time to pan fully back.

finally you have to play around with the phase of the entire effect.
    each stage side has two groups of movers.
    one which moves with dimmer full and the other with no dimmer back to start.
    each group has a phase 0 thru 360.

AQP Wrote:
    -------------------------------------------------------
    > Ah ok, so I've figured it out.
    >
    > So you need to create 2 translators in BOME one
    I still think using bome is really complicated. yes it can works and when it is working it fine.

Do you know bomac?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I have no information from MA, but there is an extension:
    https://www.malighting.com/product/grandm…ension-4010504/

Maybe it is usable with onPC. When we look at dot2, this extensions uses network for connection to console or onPC.
    This could be the same on the gma3 extension.
    But i also found a sentence:
    Extension ... will be remote connected to the grandMA3 full-size, light or replay unit models.

No onPC or Compact Consoles in that sentence!

Otherwise use MIDI or DMX remotes.

Edit: This is related to MA2:

If parameters are unlocked you can output them anywhere you want.
    You can also output them multiply times using art-net and/or sacn. this does not affect the parameter count.
    I doesn't matter where you are going to output the parameter. The only thing - i must be unlocked by ma-hardware.

A parameter is a single function of a lamp like "tilt" and this counts as one parameter. It does not matter how many bits then function have. 8-bit = 1 DMX Channel or 16-bit =2 DMX Channels - it is always ONE parameter.

If you have a RGB Lamp, that has usually 4 Parameters (R+G+B and virtual dimmer) but only 3 DMX channels (in 8-bit).

Sorry, i don't get what you want to archive.

But i can explain how a (absolute) effect works:
    There is a low value and a high value. the form says how the console cross fades between this two values.
    Using the phase you can adjust the start value, related to selected form. The middle in a sin wave is at 0 and 180.

a relative effect does the same, but the calculate value is added to the current value of the selected attribute.

does this help you?