Posts by Stevegiovanazzi

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here

Hi to everyone, I would like to improve my workflow and use less command for command line and more "Method" in lua.

There is a simple operation that I do thru CMD that I would like convert in lua (Without use Cmd(""))

I usually Export some library from macro, example all Appearance in my pool in a library label "MY_App"

-cd Appearance
    -Export * "MY_App"
    -Cd root

If I know the root of the children that I want export in library there is a easy way from lua?

Thank you to everyone.

ohh here my miss, I didn't think about the NetworkIP.

Andreas you are always brilliant.

Hi,

I have kind of the same problem,

I'm using command wing + capture and I can't output everything at the same time (20 universes) It allows only the first 11 ones

If you have only the command wing without the Viz-Key it's correct, you are controlling with the real parameters, and you have 4096.

If you have also the Viz-Key , follow the step above.

It seems like you guys have left the option in the onPC Settings as 'Connect to viz-key'.

IF you are running the visualizer and the onPC on the same computer, first you need to switch off this function.

Then, turn off all software, connect the viz key, and run the visualizer that you need. If you have already set everything for the viz key in the visualizer, it will be connected. Now you can run the onPC. You will see in the network tab the Visualizer appearing like a node, and you need to invite the station.

Doing this, you will have 1024 universes available for the visualizer.

I don't know what you want do but you can open the popup of selection of Interface and prefered ip with the command Edit.

edit root DeviceConfigurations.DMXProtocols.sACN Property "Interface"

edit root DeviceConfigurations.DMXProtocols.sACN Property "PreferredIP"

Hi ,

You can do with Store

Store Root "DeviceConfigurations"."DMXProtocols".x.y.z

x = number of the protocol for sACN is "2"
    y = the tab in the protocol for DATA is "1"
    z = the number of the line

Store Root "DeviceConfigurations"."DMXProtocols".2.1

If you don't declare the number of the line will be add one in the end of the list.

This is an example of the problem:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I tried converting the preset into a recipe, but it didn't change.

Probably, I didn't understand what you meant by making a preset with a recipe.

This is an example with a recipe preset:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

ohh i see, sorry my misunderstanding , actually for this work flow you can't do as far I know.
    You need a "Initialization".

In my Show i do this with 1 group where i have all my rig in a grid, when I'm preparing the new patch i simply run a macro that take the group an apply a phaser position as i want and "INTEGRATE" in the step 1 and 2 the preset i need. The preset are starting with a position applied thru syntax, but not really important, it's just to have them reference in the phaser, than i can update the 2 position any time.

The issue with position, it's at the 99,9 of the time you need a selective information for each fixture, like the fan you did.

I don't know if I understood well your goal.

But if you want work in one sequ where there are just 5 cue as you described I personally will solve with tracking distance at "0" in the cue 2 and 4.

You data for presenter only in the cue 1.

The cue 3 and 5 empty, so the will be only the data arrive from cue 1.

Like this you can update only cue 1 and find the same data in 3 and 5, everything you put in 2 and 4 due you use tracking distance "0" will be valid only for the cue itself.

You can do like this

set matricks "TEST" property "PHASERTRANSFORM" "Mirror"
    or for turn the mirror off
    set matricks "TEST" property "PHASERTRANSFORM" "None"

it's a timer as countdown??
    You can use the function SET and set all the property that you wish.

Example : to set timer 2 at 15 second
    set Timer 2 Property 'CountdownDuration' 15

Or to 15 minutes :
    Set Timer 2 Property 'CountdownDuration' "15m"

thinking of it, the statement in previous post applies only if you have a lot of fixtures but in a grid on multiple rows, or grouped by MAtricks

There is a limitation of how wide selectiongrid that can bounce, as the wait period (after decay, before next attack), cannot be greater than 100 fixtures, so for a hardbounce the max width is ca 50 fixtures as the first and last would then wait ca 100 fixtures

(1% stepwidth = 1 fixture, and it is not possible to set the step width above 100% via the Lua API)

ok Thank you for the explain, this make sense. anyway so great work, i still try to understand how 8 step can make a bounce eheeh, I tried in 100 modes to put in the programmer parameters without reach a bounce.

Thank You Andreas

Building a phaser that appears to bounce, is a lot of work...

- unless you use this plugin...

Enjoy!

Hi Andreas, i'm testing your plugin and it's just amazing, but i see something strange if the Selection it's big, i so after 130 element in row some issue of sync. do you have same result or it's something in my show file?

the .. are concatenate for the LUA var, as far as I know, (I could be wrong)

You can use the ".." to concatenate VAR, but it will give an error if you use it and there is nothing to concatenate.
    You can have a Concatenate for the begin and for the end,
    Some example how you can use it :
    Cmd("select page "..pageNo.." executor "..executorNo.."") If you want to put after "executorNo" you can but you need to concatenate with something, in the example ""

Cmd("FaderMaster Page " ..pageNo.."."..executorNo.." at 100 fade 3")

All the time that you need to concatenate a Var with String (in this case with CMD Function) you need to use the ..