Posts by Clintos

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here

"C:\Program Files\MALightingTechnology\gma3_xx\bin\app_system.exe" HOSTTYPE=onPC NOLOAD RUNPLUGIN="mystartup.xml"-1

That’s amazing! I will admit I had no idea this was possible and this info was buried in the manual there! That’s extremely helpful for so many uses!

I have a little issue that I can't seem to come up with a workaround for.

I have an installation that has a main and backup onPC system. All works perfectly well, windows is keeping track that the application is running, and if not restarts it... and of course starts it on reboot.

The problem is when the session is running, if one machine goes offline/reboots/losses power/etc when it comes back up it will try to connect back to the session, however the 'Session Collision' popup is displayed as both are running the same showfile. As the system is unattended, this window just times out and the station stays disconnected until a human can manually connected it.

Any ideas on a way to bypass the 'session collision' and force it to always take the Master data?

If I could hook the MAnetSocket data I could simply look to see if my backup becomes 'Standalone' on the network and invite it but I don't believe MAnetSocket() exists in the API in the same way say CurrentEnvironment() does so can't Hook it...

So I think I answered my own question, here is where I arrived at the moment.

I noticed that the callback runs twice each filter change so added this runonce expression to get around that.

local my_handle = select(4,...);

local function main()

local runonce = y

local hookObject = CurrentEnvironment().AtFilter

local pluginHandle = my_handle:Parent();

local callbackFunction = function(obj)

if runonce == "y" then

FilterName = tostring(CurrentEnvironment().AtFilter.FilterRef.Name)

Printf(FilterName)

runonce = "n"

else

runonce = "y"

end

end

HookObjectChange(callbackFunction, hookObject, pluginHandle)

end

return main

Macros WERE the day to day go to.

But new console, new decade, new possibilities, we really need to be be embracing lua in 2022.

It’s super easy to learn, cleaner and quicker to edit, more powerful and unlocks far more possibilities if you choose to go deep.

The reason its not automatic is there are a lot of times where someone WOULDN’T want to add to cues they have already written.

Does

Recast preset 1 thru . 1 thru

Work for you to recast everything?

Yeah I think(/thought) so too, but seems a bit funky how that works right now.

It should still work by storing as universal but I kind of like the piece of mind of seeing it in there.

Just made a simple ‘fixture at fixture’ macro so I can setup something on a real fixture then copy over before storing.

If you’re happy to not have a ‘spreadsheet’ like view of the ‘effect’ then definitely a Universal Phaser.

Just make sure you have the Universal fixture inside it when you make it and the referenced presets are also universal.

If you’d like the spreadsheet look for editing phase, wings etc I’d use the above method but then use that in a Recipe with no group assigned. Then it’ll be universal to anything you have selected…

Is it though? A simple Lua line in a command takes about 2 seconds to write to achieve this.

Lua is far superior to Macros. The console has evolved and we as programmer kind of need to develop our skills with it and work in new, better ways.

Just as we did when moving from not having Macros to having them…