After testing MIDI remotes I ended up with the following translation and notes.
Maybe it could be useful to others.
My test was mainly with Target = Sequence, Fader = Master and Key = Go+
MA3 interface name >> Name if I could decide
Midi Channel >> Midi Channel
Midi Index >> Note/CC number + 1 (MIDI range 0-127, MA3 range 1-128)
Midi Type >> React to:
Note >> NoteOn
NoteAttack >> NoteOn + Velocity
NoteAttackDecay >> NoteOn + Velocity + NoteOff
Control >> CC message
- NoteOn will trigger the command in the Key column
- Velocity will be sent to the destination in the Fader column with optional scaling/inversion applied
- NoteOff seem to send fader to zero and disable the selected fader function...?? Need help here!
- CC message will trigger the command in the Key column if its value has changed
- CC value will be sent to the destination in the Fader column with optional scaling/inversion applied.
- I have not understood/seen any effect of the "Trigger On/Trigger Off" values.
- The idle value of 'in' for Note and NoteAttack is 12800.0008, small glitch I guess.
- Not all destinations seem to use Velocity value.
I applaud the flexibility here!
Seems like everything can be controlled with MIDI.
The information is based on my test only so please correct me if I'm wrong or not precise.