Posts by hoss

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here

You can do something like:

Fade 2 EncoderPage 4 or Fade 2 EncoderPage Color or tap the Color Feature Group. That puts a fade time of 2 Seconds in the programmer then subsequent color presets calls into the programmer (That don't already have a Fade time) will run at that time.

Or you Could make a macro that updated the time stored in some presets

You could also use the Program Time Special Master. I typically assign Program time to one of the 100mm faders. not sure if that is what you mean by a speedmaster in that case though.

I agree with everything. I've called in because of something simple but required a timely response. There are absolutely lots of reasons to go down the support angle. Look I even derailed this conversation.

I am somewhat unlike most in that finding an inconsistency drives me nuts until I figure out why. But I appreciate that not everyone has a screw loose like I do 😜

Randomness in in the eye of the beholder.

When you tell the desk to do something determistic you assume that given the same input it will give you the same output. However that's not always the case, and this looks random to humans.

I've seen it myself do step a,b,c and get result x then do a,b,c again and get the result y, if you have the time to do a,b,c over and over again until you understand when you will get the result x or y then hopefully at that point you can sent it off to your distributor or post it here. But, in the heat of the moment when the cameras or roling the talent is on stage or you have a designer down your back; it just random.

Personally I feel like coming to the forums and trying to recreate an issue is public is infinitely more valuable to the community then defaulting to a private conversation since it allows everyone to learn. On the other end everyone needs to understand that software is not only hard but a bit messy at times.

I made this awhile back, and never published it because I made it suit my needs at the moment as I was supposed to be programming the show and not writing code at the moment so it's far from perfect (don't judge me please :)

It makes a ton of assumptions and probably won't work in every situation (or at all) but it might be worth a shot.

It spins through the Stages and fixtures and spits out a CSV file in the Patch path of the first (or maybe I made it choosable) USB drive called

PatchExport.csv.

YRMV. SAVE BEFORE USING :)

Make a new Plugin, Add a line, Edit that line and paste this.

239.255.0.x "is" one of the multicast addresses it's independent from the interface outside of what interface is bound to send/receive the multicast traffic on. So depending on your switching gear you can "almost" think if it as a local link broadcast address, or with IGMP a joined broadcast, or multicast.

In this case if you are using multicast internally on the localhost it should work as if you were connected to the an external interface.

It's kind of hard for me to test since I don't have any onPC hardware, but if I join a session with my desk, kick the desk from the session so that onPC is the Session Master then I can output sACN using the localhost on the desk and view that data from sACNView also listening on localhost.

I'm not sure if this is your issue but.

1, If you update a word while in it Layout and 3D don't update

2, If you remove all fixtures from a world it shows it's like world 1.

3, if you have a world selected you obviously can't selected fixtures in the world thus not being able to remove them.

HOWEVER, there is definitely something wrong but it seems inconsistent.

And I have the following 6 Macros:

• (1) Add Fixture 1 Clearall; Fixture 1; Store World 5 /M /NC;Clearall
    • (2) Add Fixture 2 Clearall; Fixture 2; Store World 5 /M /NC;Clearall
    • (3) Add Fixture 3 Clearall; Fixture 3; Store World 5 /M /NC;Clearall
    • (4) Remove Fixture 1 Clearall; Fixture 1; Store World 5 /NC /R;Clearall
    • (5) Remove Fixture 2 Clearall; Fixture 2; Store World 5 /NC /R;Clearall
    • (6) Remove Fixture 3 Clearall; Fixture 3; Store World 5 /NC /R;Clearall

Sometimes they all work fine, I can do Macro 1Macro 2Macro 3Macro 5 and I end up with fixtures 1 and 3 in the world. but other times if I do Macro 1Macro 2Macro 3Macro 5Macro 6, I end up with Fixture 3 still in the group and not 1. However I think this might be because I was not following rules 1, 2 or 3 above, since now it works consistently every time I make sure to first select world 1.

I guess the macro should really be World 1;Clearall; Fixture 1; Store World 5 /M /NC;Clearall to be safe.

There are also other issues where you have no world selected, like you have 5 Selected and delete it leaving no world selected odd things also happen there. but probably because the UI and the desk are at odds with the state of the worlds.

That's probably a personal choice based on knowledge of the media server and availability of a profile. The issue with tight integration (like with the VPU) is third party servers used to (or still do in MA2) use the CITP protocol to get thumbnails and streaming feedback into the console. Today the MA3 only (kind of) has NDI support that can get streaming feedback of layers, mixes or outputs, but since MA3 does not currently have CITP support there in no way to get the much needed thumbnails for presets.

Although CITP wasn't the best protocol and had an adverse effect on the size of your show file in MA2, it was all we had, and "good enough"

No idea if they will implement CITP again, but we probably won't see a VPU again (but who knows).

Sorry, nowhere specifically to post this, so here is as good a place as any other.

Back in the time before emoji reactions you used to be able to "ignore" forums by unwatching it so you didn't get notifications for topics you weren't interested in. Since the update it seems you can still unwatch a forum but notifications continue to happen.

Any chance of this getting fixed?

Going a bit off topic here but while I do understand that we want all the options and starting with parity would have been be ideal.

Developers should have learned by now that they should not assume anything when it comes to our preferences..
    Just make everything optional from the start and save time and trouble.

The issue I have here is options are actually the worst part of development, if not tested properly they can cause more trouble than they solve. I don't know how MA develops software but if they are somewhat modern they probably practice TDD or Test Driven Development where you write a test that fails, code it until it passes then refactor to make it actually work properly. While this works for small units of code it's not great for big concepts, where you may not be able to write the test until you see it fail in some way that you did not originally consider.

The other issue with just providing all the options is that it can become unruly in both code and the UI. Take the chrome://flags/ in Google Chrome; because they have hundreds of developers writing code that billions of people use and depend on every day, they implement features way in advance and dont surface them in the UI until they are ready. This takes time and a whole lot of money.

Personally I'm fine with the missing features provided that, A) when they are implemented they work and B) they are implemented in a timely manner. I think the part many of us find frustrating is that we (or most of us) have no idea what is coming down the pipe or when. There is no public roadmap and bugs that we have seen since the beginning still havent been resolved or even acknowledged (publicly).

However all of that said, we remember the change from MA1 and MA2, or Hog 2 to Hog 3 or Animator to Vector, hell Windows XP to Vista. They all have had growing pains, some better then others but in the end (except for Vista) they all ended up being a better product.

Anyway, I'm not disagreeing with anyone, just trying to see the forest for the trees, and hoping MA will communicate more openly in the future. and a bug tracker wouldn't hurt :)

It could totally be the fixture profile but just to cover some other bases.

If they worked in the past and that changed do any of your groups look like the first three here?:

Or do any of the fixtures in question have a purple underline:

Also if you show the layer toolbar in the fixture sheet and select Absolute does it also show 49 or 100 there?

You mentioned your strobes were doing it, is it just them or everything? if it does end up being everything could it be the Grandmaster?

When I want to unpatch, I write 0.0 on the Universe.Address

Would you change it?

How could I re-write it so I could easily patch several fixtures?

Good to know about the 0.0, I don't recall now but I think this was in version 1.5 and doing it without the quotes mangled the universe.address into a float or something.

To do multiple fixtures you could type the selection query into the first dialog; 1 thru 10

We need the Search Keyword back, I use it all the time in MA2, and I miss it here.

As I understand you can use ListRef to find what object items are referenced or dependant by by another object. So ListRef Cue 1 or ListRef Preset 1.1 both work but ListRef Fixture 1 does not (perhaps yet?)

I had a lua script for this in my backlog but at first blush it looked like a fair amount of work.

Don't know how much control you have of the network but you could also setup a DHCP reservation for the iPad essentially giving it a Static IP configured via DHCP.

The console should really hand out a session cookie and check that to figure out if it's a new client or the same one with a new ip or dynamic MAC address.