Posts by dherderich

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here

Several executors can have the selected sequence assigned.

I would try to go throu all pages and per page through every executor and look if the selected sequence is the assigned object.
    Don't know if there is a solution to do it the other way round.

no

No

Create a pool window. On screen 1. We take as condition, that only this pool window is the only window on screen 1.
    Set Root "ShowData"."UserProfiles"."Default"."ScreenConfigurations"."Default"."ScreenContents".1.1.3 Property "ScrollV" "100,0"

This will scroll the 100th pool element to the title element of the pool. Therefore, the first element you will see is 101:

Ok, there seems there was a confusion.
    To clarify: Netron belongs to Elation, and Netron has an EN4 node in its product line.
    The Elation node in your screenshot from DMX Workshop reports as EN4, but on the product page of Elation it is called eNode4.

So far I have only expeirence with the Netron EN4 node, not bis the Elation EN4.

About which Workbench software are you talking? I know only Shure Workbench.

I just saw, that the EN4 node returns a firmware version v2.94.
    In my tests the EN4 had the firmware version v2.9.2 installed.
    Although the Netron product page does not list a v2.94/v2.9.4 firmware version. Any chance you can update the Netron node to v2.9.2 and try it again?

EN4
    The Netron EN4 is a powerful Ethernet to DMX gateway with four RDM compatible ports. Designed for live production and installations with a rugged housing and…
    obsidiancontrol.com

Here you can see how you can do this in DMX Workshop:

Open the Node List, then select the node in the list, do a right-click on it, and select "Force RDM Discovery". This will sent out a ActFlush packet for every port/universe of the node.

Here you can see the ActFlush packets in Wireshark:

The command 0x01 is the code for ActFlush, and the Address (here 0x00) defines for which universe at the receiver the ActFlush shall be executed.

Maybe this wireshark screenshot can help you to build such packets manually using applications like PacketSender if you don't have access to a Windows computer.

Dimmer values above 100% can happen:
    Store a dimmer at 100% into a cue. Run the cue.
    Move the master of the sequence to something below 100%, for example, 50%.
    Select the fixture again and set its dimmer to 100%. Update the running cue.

--> The cue will get a value above 100% for the dimmer. This is by intention, as you don't want that the fixture drops down its intensity as soon as you updated the cue, because the master of the sequence is not at 100%.

You can do a right-click in the value in the sequence sheet and enter a new value and apply it.

There is an issue on the side of the Elation/Obsidian nodes.

They only start to work with RDM data when a ActFlush packet is sent to the node. Regarding the Art-Net 4 specification this packet is not required in order to start RDM.

Workaround: Use the DMX Workshop software from Artistic Licence in order to flush the RDM data of the node. Then it will respond to the RDM requests from grandMA2/grandMA3.

Thanks for showing your setup.

This is a use case for the multipatch feature.

Patch 1 fixture in the software, and add multipatch fixtures (Add Multipatch button in the patch menu) to it.
    The multipatch fixtures are displayed in 3D, and can be rearranged in 3D. Give them DMX addresses on an unsed DMX universe in order to see the DMX output of them in 3D.

So all the single fixtures have the same DMX address? Then it would be enough to patch only one fixture.

the other way round would be more common: Patching one fixture but having on the stage several fixtures with different DMX addresses, but all these single fixture on stage should react together. In this case, the multipatch feature of the grandMA3 would be the way to go.

So what is the story behind creating your setup?

Are you trying the command with the quotes surrounding the whole command and with the quotes around Dimmer?

If yes, it will fail, because the quotes before att is then opening and the quotes before Dimmer is closing.

I tried the command in this way, and it worked for me:

Attribute "Dimmer" At Transition 0

Make also sure, that you have a phaser (2 or more steps) running on the dimmer attribute.