Posts by loanrix

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here

Hello !

I’m trying to clone with multiple if statements but I can’t figure it out.

I would like to clone for example only color parameters in my song sequences only.

Clone group x at group y if sequence 1001 thru 1030 if presettype “COLOR”

I have tried with “if filter 2” ( which is a color only filter ) instead of “presettype”, tried using only one if and an endif at the end of my statements, adding a + in between statements,...

But I can never make it work.

I feel like it’s an easy one but I’m just going the wrong direction.

Could anyone help me on that ?

Thank you !

Thank you for your response !

Yes I meant that, if I'm not mistaken, a regular position preset is now kind of considered as a one step phaser. That's why I thought about the GetProgPhaserValue.

I programmed a position generator as my first Lua project. It works great but I'm trying to get Pan Tilt values from the programmer ( or from a preset ) to a Lua variable to have maximum low and maximum high. Right now, I'm entering the values manually but it would be great if I could just make a higher/lower tilt preset when I get to a venue, and create positions from there.

Thank you !

Thank you so much for that code ! Incredibly helpful for me, especially to really get how Lua works with MA in general.

I was first thinking, somewhere in the table, that the actual pan tilt value would show up ( or RGBW,... ) but I couldn't find anything resembling those values in the command line, after printing with your code.

I guess I went the wrong way trying to get value from a preset.

Is there a Lua command that could simply get Pan Tilt value from the programmer ?

I looked at the commands examples in MA and I saw GetProgPhaserValue might do the trick, as all preset are basically one step phaser.

I could just load the preset in the programmer with a simple command, then get the Pan Tilt value from the programmer into a variable. Would it be the right way to look ?

Thank you for your help. It's quiet confusing getting into Lua in MA but it's already getting all clearer thanks to you guys.

Thank you for the tip, it's really appreciated !
    I'll keep learning Lua and will figure out pairs and ipairs.

My only question would be, can the actual Pan Tilt values be extracted with GetPresetData() ?

Using Dump(), I could see a whole lot of information on the preset, but I couldn't find Pan Tilt values.

I'm not asking how to do it, I don't want to be that guy asking without the basic knowledge. I'll keep leaning Lua to figure it out.

But I just want to make sure that it's actually possible so I know I'm going in the right direction

Thank's a lot !

Thanks a lot for your response.
    I hoped it would return a simple table that I could get data from easily. But when I try to print the length of the table, It shows 0. It fails completely when I use an empty preset as source so something kind of works.

Anyway, it does seem out of my reach but a great motivation to keep watching tutorials.

Thanks again for your help !

Hello,

I'm trying to achieve the same thing as Doubletap, to extract preset value.

I'm leaning Lua on MA3, looking for concrete use but I understand I might be going a little too fast for my understanding.

But I'll try and see if I understand most the general idea ?!

If I'm looking to extract pan tilt value, would my object be 2.1 for the first position preset (local content_table = GetPresetData(myobject) ) ? And would content_table[1] return pan, and [2] tilt ?

I've tried multiple ways writing it but I can't get it to work. Can't really find specific documentation for it either. A little help to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated !

local content_table = GetPresetData(2.1) -- extract pan tilt data from first position preset

Printf("Value Pan : " .. content_table[1] ) -- print Pan value from position preset

Thank you and have a great day

Hello,

I'm trying to make it work but I don't think I'm using the right syntax.

I'm writing :

Assign Appearance ** at cue 1 sequ **

And then I select the black appearance in the sequence settings

But it doesn't work, not sure what I'm doing wrong ?