Posts by robgarcia

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here

Correct, that is how I have it. Capture running on my laptop with the viz-key connected.

Back on my desktop, I NEVER see the Viz-Key show up in the Network settings window.

The only reason I ended up starting MA-3 on the laptop was to see if I could get the key to show up there.

-Rob

Not sure what I'm doing wrong...

Here is my setup.

Laptop (where I want to connect my viz-key + Capture to run) has an MA-Net IP address of 192.168.0.90

Desktop where I want to run MA3 and program from has an MA-Net IP address of 192.168.0.10

I can get both machines running in session with NO issues. But - I can't seem to get the Vis+Dongle line to ever show up under "NetworkNode" in Network settings.

Back on the laptop however, if I run MA3, change the MA-Net Ip to the wifi adaptop (which is currently disabled) then it does show up. It's like the viz-key has binded itself to a certain IP.

Thanks!

I have multi-instance fixtures where I "default" the parent fixture to 100.

I understand in reading the release notes that IfOutput selects only fixtures that have non default values.

But why doesn't it select instances of the fixtures that I have stored in a sequence with a dimmer value above zero?

If I just use "IfOutput" it brings any single instance fixtures above zero into my programmer, but ignores any children on multi-instance fixtures that are above zero.

If I use "ifoutput sequence 6" then I get everything I'd expect.

-Rob

I’ve taken the basic concept of the MA Startshow color picker and tweaked it a bit to suit my needs by adding additional colors and more than 6 lines etc.

Looking for a clever way to punch up colors in each line and have that combination able to be recalled in some way.

Thoughts?

Best I can think of is setting a variable on every color sequence and make a macro that reads all those variables and stores them in some way. But with 15 colors across 10 lines/groups, it seems pretty cumbersome.

Maybe a better way?

Thanks!

Perfect, thanks. Was missing "call."

Tried just "Macro" and "Go macro"

No longer need the preceding "1." anymore either, just "macro_number.macro_line"

If I copy DataPool 1 at 10 - go into DataPool 10, all groups, presets etc. in sequences reference DataPool 1.

If I copy DataPool 10 at 15 - go into DataPool 15, all groups, preset etc. in sequences STILL reference DataPool 1.

If I go back to DataPool 1, and do an operation like: delete group thru. Go back into DataPool 10 or 15, any recipe line that referenced a group is now blank.

-Rob

Playing around some with copying DataPools and noticed that even if I copy a complete DataPool:

copy DataPool 1 at 10

In the new DataPool, when I go into a sequence and look at the recipe, it's references back to Objects and presets in DataPool 1 instead of the new one.

Not saying this isn't intended behavior - just trying to understand why.

Let's say I'm preparing for a show in a new venue, was hoping I could create a new stage with patch etc., then copy either part or all of my Default DataPool to a new one and be off and running. In my new DataPool, update my groups and presets etc. But, if all of my recipes in all of my sequences are referencing objects and presets from DataPool 1, that makes things tough.

Hope that rambling makes sense...

-Rob

2 macros for exporting/importing items while maintaining gaps/spacing in the pool.

Export:

Code
    SetGlobalVar "RG_Exp_Type" ("Export What?")
    SetGlobalVar "RG_Exp_Range" ("What Range?")
    SetGlobalVar "RG_Exp_Name" ("Export Name?")
    SetGlobalVar "RG_Exp_Name" $"RG_Exp_Name"".xml"
    Export $RG_Exp_Type $RG_Exp_Range $"RG_Exp_Name" /Gaps "Yes"
    DelGlobalVar "RG_Exp_Type"
    DelGlobalVar "RG_Exp_Range"
    DelGlobalVar "RG_Exp_Name"

Import:

Code
    SetGlobalVar "RG_Imp_File" ("File Name")
    SetGlobalVar "RG_Imp_File" $"RG_Imp_File"".xml"
    SetGlobalVar "RG_Imp_Type" ("Import Type IE: group")
    SetGlobalVar "RG_Imp_Number" ("Import Starting At What Number?")
    Import Library $"RG_Imp_File" At $RG_Imp_Type $RG_Imp_Number /Gaps "Yes"
    DelGlobalVar "RG_Imp_File"
    DelGlobalVar "RG_Imp_Number"
    DelGlobalVar "RG_Imp_Type"

Would be a fun little plugin to make if I knew my way around LUA.

-Rob

Sharing 2 simple, but handy macros for either storing or removing fixture values as defaults.

My macros use all pool 25 with a preset named "Default." Change to your needs. Make a fixture selection, attribute adjustments and run macro...

Store Default:

Code
    off featuregroup dimmer
    Store preset 25."Default" /merge
    at preset 25."Default"
    store default /merge
    clearall

Remove Default:

Code
    store preset 25."Default" /remove
    store default /remove
    clearall

Looking for some Help/Inspiration with creating a sort of High/Low -or- mulit-step color effect picker.

So far I have.

* A "Color FX" Group

* A " Color FX Holder" phaser preset

* A "Color FX" sequence that has a recipe referencing that "Color FX Holder" phaser preset

* A Macro that takes my current selection, overwrites the "Color FX Group" and cooks my "Color FX" Sequence

* Macros that apply different MAtricks to adjust phase, wings etc.

All that is working good. Kind of hung up on the best way to dynamically update the color presets that are used in each step of the "Color FX Holder" phaser preset.

Not sure how to take preset (22.110) which is my "Color FX Holder" Phaser and integrate different presets from my color pool onto steps 1 and 2 (and so on).

Thanks,

Rob

Will different "Pages" of ViewButtons be a thing in MA3 as it was in MA2? I know I might be one of the few people that actually used that feature... LOL.

Thanks,

Rob