Posts by Andreas

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here

setting the OffCue to TrigType Follow should practically do the same for most scenarios.

from releasenotes v1.5:

It is now possible to set the trig type for the OffCue. To be able to do so, wrap around in the sequence settings has to be disabled. The following values can be applied:

• NoTrigger: The OffCue will only be executed when switching the sequence off manually.
    • Go: When the last cue is active, pressing go again will execute the OffCue
    • Time: The OffCue will be triggered after the defined TrigTime.
    • Follow: The OffCue will be started when the previous cue has finished its transition.
    • Sound: Triggers the OffCue via the sound signal when the last cue is active.
    • BPM: Triggers the OffCue via the BPM signal when the last cue is active.

and the story doesn't end here. when i double click on the wall preset and single click on the circle preset directly afterwards, the values get stored into my cue as expected.

but when i double click on the wall preset and double click on the cirlce preset directly afterwards, the values get stored into my cue, but not the pan/tilt value from the absolute wall preset. the relative values from the circle preset seem to equalize it...

that is so strange!

This is a feature, not a bug:

First press (Preset A):

grandma: Calling a preset without any fixtures selected has no meaning, I guess the user wants me to select the fixtures that can do Preset A

-> Selfix Preset A

-> fixtures gets selected

Second press (Preset A):

grandma: Fixtures are selected so it make sense to apply values from Preset

-> At Preset A

-> values from preset A is merged into programmer

third press (Preset B):

-> At Preset B

-> values from preset B is merged into programmer (Both A and B is in programmer)

fourth press (Preset B):

-> At Preset B

grandma: hey, I already did that, why do you ask me a second time? I guest you want something different, like only B, and nothing else

-> values from preset B is overwriting into programmer ( knocking out A )

maybe an approach could be that your windows watchdog instead of starting your regular onPC shortcut, rather starts with a dedicated plugin that determines what to do next, e.g. join an existing session or load the actual showfile:

"C:\Program Files\MALightingTechnology\gma3_xx\bin\app_system.exe" HOSTTYPE=onPC NOLOAD RUNPLUGIN="mystartup.xml"-1

Show File Handling - grandMA3 User Manual - Help pages of MA Lighting International GmbH

you can use the Root() API function to access any part of the data-tree, e.g. Root().MAnetSocket

Macro "Clean Cue"

works for me to embed macro in mule. are you sure that you quoted the name, had proper spelling, and din't include any action like Go+, Call or On etc.

if output at 0 sequence 1 works, if output at 0 sequence 7(or whatever) does not work, if output at 0 if sequnece 1 does not

If I assume correctly what you want neither of these will works

maybe rather work on one sequence at a time ( the selected ) and use i.e

IfOutput At 0

If IfOutput Cue thru

- select the fixtures that has output of 0%

- but only the ones that has output from any cue (of the selected sequence)

1.you need to put the conditions in the namefields of the macroline not in the commandfields.

2. do not use dollar sign when referencing user or global commandline variables inside square or curly brackets. the dollar sign is just to be used when recalling in regular commandline

the internal logic in mule is like this:

varname -> does the uservar varname exist then use that , else does the globalvar varname exist then use that, else does lua-expression varname exist then use that

your line 8 and 9 should look something like this

8: macrolinename : [counter < amount] macrolinecommand : {goto loopstart}

9: macrolinename : macrolinecommand : ClearAll

there should be no need for condition in line 9 as your condition in line 8 jumps bac, thus you will never get to line 9 unless that condition in line 8 is false

Could someone explain how the relation is between the values shown in the colorpicker and the values in the encoderbar/fixturesheet/dmxoutput?

if you want a 1:1 relation, set the colorpicker to use the colorspace of the fixturetype

(top-right button in colorpicker)

if you change the colorpicker from Fader to CIE, you can easily see how the different colorspaces map the RGB triangle, and thereby the values in the colorpicker's Fader mode.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_space
    https://help2.malighting.com/P…rate_color_picker/en/1.8/

tips:

as macroline-names cannot contain the character tilde (~) which is normally used for unequal (~=), you can instead use the logical operator not in conjunction with equal (==), e.g.

[a == b] do something

[not a == b] do something else

the plugin upload in initial post contains a typo that prevents the menu-choice "Enchant existing macro" to work

to not only create new mules, but also enchant existing macros, please change line 169 of plugin version 1.0.0.0 from

Printf('MULE: enchanting '..macro.ToAddr())

to

Printf('MULE: enchanting '..macro:ToAddr())

or download this updated plugin version 1.0.0.1:

for the exact scenario given in hoss example, a plausible workaround could be to apply the fixture at fixture command directly to the cue, instead of taking a detour via the programmer and the update procedure.

Fixture 2 at Fixture 1 If Cue /o

assuming your non-numerical order is created by a single lasso-action in the layout view, you could rather apply the patch command directly to the lassoing, by entering the Patch keyword into commandline, before you draw the lasso

I am curious. Would this be the syntax I would use to listen for 'next' pressed on MA3?

No it doesn't work like that

signalTable in the scenarioof the OP merely represent the vessel that transports functionality from the plugin to any ui-elements the plugin opens onscreen

This has no relation to hardkeys (like Next)

not very elegant, but something like this could probably do the job:

Store World "MyActiveProgrammer" /o

World "MyActiveProgrammer"

At Width 33 Step 1

World "Full"

Delete World "MyActiveProgrammer" /nc