Modify selection order via MAtricks

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Hello everyone!

I am quite new to MA3 so forgive me if this is a simple question. I am working on the color part of a busking showfile right now. I use recipes in sequences (One sequence per fixture group where the different colors are different cues) with an MAtricks pool item to control shuffle, delay, fade and so on. I would also like to be able to flip the selection order via the MAtricks (so I could alternate between changing the colors left > right and right > left). How would I do this? And I am modifying the MAtricks via macros so what would the required command be?

I know it's possible through the selection grid but then I would need to have a specific group selected right? (which I don't want to do)

Thanks in advance for any help!

• What do you mean with Change direction? Of a phaser or of a sweep? If its a phaser, then its the phase which must be inverted (instead 0..360 you do 360..0). If its a sweep, then you change the delay....if you use 0..1 then change to 1..0.
    About macros to set values of MAtricks...have a look at the Set keyword ;) It would be too easy to just write a command you have to use. And if you wanna know about the properties....then find out what the List keyword can do....and here is another hint: you want to know the property of an MAtrick-Pool-Item ;)
    I won't post a command, which would be too easy, but as you said you are beginner, I give you a little hint of learning. And the best way to learn, discover the software.

• What do you mean with Change direction? Of a phaser or of a sweep? If its a phaser, then its the phase which must be inverted (instead 0..360 you do 360..0). If its a sweep, then you change the delay....if you use 0..1 then change to 1..0.
    About macros to set values of MAtricks...have a look at the Set keyword ;) It would be too easy to just write a command you have to use. And if you wanna know about the properties....then find out what the List keyword can do....and here is another hint: you want to know the property of an MAtrick-Pool-Item ;)
    I won't post a command, which would be too easy, but as you said you are beginner, I give you a little hint of learning. And the best way to learn, discover the software.

Thanks for the hints Thomas Koppers !

Yes, changing the direction of a sweep when changing colors. And regarding your solution, I don't know if it would be ideal for my situation:

I have a set of macros to change the delay where one sets the delay in my "color" MAtricks pool item to 0 seconds, one to 0...1 seconds, one to 0...3 seconds and so on. I then have a set of macros to change the order of the fixtures (wings, shuffle etc.). It is here where I would like to have a macro to flip/invert the order completly. I did find a solution but I don't know if it is the proper one: Using the "invertx" toggle switch seems to do what I want but with that I have another problem: The command for changing it is 'Edit MAtricks [x] Property "InvertX"' regardless of if I'm inverting or un-inverting. Is there a way to make sure that I get the desired state of the switch regardless of it's previous state?

If I used your way of changing 0...1 to 1...0, as I've understood it, I would need to have two sets of delay macros (One for 0...x and one for x...0) which seems kind of annoying? Or have I missunderstood anything?

(Sorry for a very long reply)

Edited once, last by Archangel (April 1, 2024 at 11:36 PM).

• EDIT is the wrong keyword ;-)...check my message again and read about the SET keyword ;-)...InvertX s not the right option for you....you find the answer when reading the manual ;)
    You need to swap/invert all values by macro yourself.
    You understood me correct in behalf of Macros...you can do i as well in one macro to toggle through the sets, but makes less sense if you use it in a layout view.

• EDIT is the wrong keyword ;-)...check my message again and read about the SET keyword ;-)...InvertX s not the right option for you....you find the answer when reading the manual ;)
    You need to swap/invert all values by macro yourself.
    You understood me correct in behalf of Macros...you can do i as well in one macro to toggle through the sets, but makes less sense if you use it in a layout view.

Unfortunately, I did not find the answer by reading about the SET, EDIT and LIST keywords :(

I understand that I can use SET to change the MAtricks' properties but I don't understand what property am I supposed to change to flip/invert the order if not InvertX?

• out of the Manual....MA Tricks:
    Invert Options

Invert will define which axis in the selection grid the values should be inverted when turning the encoder or applying a range of values.
    The inverted fixtures are displayed with a green font in the fixture sheet, a green body color in the 3D window, and a green border in the layout window and the selection grid window.

The following buttons can be found at the bottom left of the screen:

• InvertStyle: Defines if Invert shall be applied to Pan, Tilt, Pan and Tilt, or All attributes.
    • InvertX: Inverts the overall invert of the current individual inverts per MAtrick property on the X axis.
    • InvertY: Inverts the overall invert of the current individual inverts per MAtrick property on the Y axis.
    • InvertZ: Inverts the overall invert of the current individual inverts per MAtrick property on the Z axis.

If you want to invert f.e. the direction of a phaser....normal you use 0 thru 360.....if you want to change the direction its 360 thru 0
    If you want to change the order of fixtures, you have to use the opportunities the selection grid offer you. MA Tricks are not involved into inverting selection orders of fixtures.
    you can find out what names the properties have if you use List Matrick x
    The list command is explained here:
    List Keyword

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!