Phaser: Change phaser speed on a second cue

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Hello all,

I simply need to change the speed of a phaser on a second cue.

On MA2, I would simply switch from Value to Effect and change to Effect Speed and store it on the next cue. The Effect would then accelerate until it gets the wanted speed.

On MA3, it does not work. I am not sure how to do it correctly.

And if I select the Phasers'S two steps and change the speed, it works, although it does not accelerate the phaser, but it looks like a new phaser in fading in with the new speed, which is not what I need.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

• FaderSpeed seq x at bpm y fade z

Is the way provided you don't use a specific speed master handle (e.g. SPEED1) since it seems speed masters don't listen to the Fade part of the command.

In this way, you can add the command FaderSpeed Sequence 1 at bpm 120 Fade 10 the command of cue 2 for example and the speed master for that sequence would change from whatever it was to 120 in 10 seconds avoiding the phaser starting over, hopefully, this is re worked in future versions.

The other way I have done this is by using a Timecode Slot with a manual fade recorded into the slot and running the command Go Timecode 1; TimecodeSlot 1 off; Go+ TimecodeSlot 1 on the cue, That started the Timecode listening to its slot clear the previous slot position back to default and telling it to go. It's definitely not as easy to set up but if you need some complicated move it works a charm. You can skip the first Go Timecode 1 if you enable AutoStart in the Timecode Pool.

Kind of a pain workaround but it did work.

• Thanks ! Hopefully I can use that methodology in the worst case scenario. I am surprised it has not been done yet from MA. Thanks for the info !

• Does lowering the "measure" of the phaser not work for you? That is what I do and I've never had any issues.

• Does lowering the "measure" of the phaser not work for you? That is what I do and I've never had any issues.

Well, I might not do it well, although what it does when I do it is some kind of fade in/out in between two phasers.

Technically, I can see the slower phaser fading out, and the faster phaser ( cue 2 ) fading in..

• Well, I might not do it well, although what it does when I do it is some kind of fade in/out in between two phasers.

Technically, I can see the slower phaser fading out, and the faster phaser ( cue 2 ) fading in..

Does this happen every time? It happens sometimes for me and I'm not sure exactly what causes it; it may be a bug or something I don't understand about the software, but usually it happens when I've saved the cue and then reactivated the attribute and made changes and, I guess, messed it up in some way?

When this happens, occasionally I can fix it by stomping the effect in the second cue, then removing the values for that attribute, and then making the change again. Other times it doesn't work and I have to accept the fault or start over with new cues.

• Maybe not copy paste answers from a chatgpt bot.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!