Fixture X At Fixture X - grab all played back values of the fixture to the programmer

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Hey guys,

Is it possible in MA3 to use Fixture at Fixture functionality to grab all currently played back values of the fixture to the programmer? In MA2 this was possible with the Fixture 1 At Fixture 1 command, but it doesn't work in MA3. Or even more - grab to the programmer all the played back values of the selection like Selection At Selection fom MA2? Hog users may also know this as a "Suck" function.

Sorry if this question is already answered somewhere here - I couldn't find the answer myself.

• I think we could dig further into this. The extract method is good at bringing non-default values into the programmer, but it also 'extracts' the hard values, which is less helpful.

I want to grab all the non default values of a selection including presets.

Ahuramazda - did you find a way to do this?

• I think we could dig further into this. The extract method is good at bringing non-default values into the programmer, but it also 'extracts' the hard values, which is less helpful.

I want to grab all the non default values of a selection including presets.

Ahuramazda - did you find a way to do this?

What are you trying to achieve with this extract? Remember that you can always "Unblock Cue Thru" to get rid of redundant values in your programming.

• What are you trying to achieve with this extract? Remember that you can always "Unblock Cue Thru" to get rid of redundant values in your programming.

Thanks for that tip, I use my Unblock Seq macro regularly, it’s really handy.

Honestly, I don’t really know how to be any more explicit in a concise description I’m afraid - I thought it was super clear.

Here’s another attempt: I guess I want the same result as ‘At Cue Thru Cue’, which brings the current cue in the selected exec plus tracked values into the programmer, but including any sneaky little values from other execs.

Here’s another: Store Look, but without bloating my tracking sheet with a ton of default values I don’t need, even after an Unblock, which will only knockout hard values contained in that sequence.

Here’s another: I want to ‘mix’ a look using cues from different execs and store it to a main Seq. I don’t want to add every attribute of every fixture outputting above 0%. I’m a bit OCD about minimalizing data in a sequence you see. I want to store only attributes that have been changed from their defaults, presets included, to create the look, for all fixtures outputting above 0%

Edited once, last by ALX (May 5, 2024 at 8:22 AM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!