Creating a 2step phaser using position presets.

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Hi everyone,

I'm building a show for busking, and I'm trying to create a positional effect that utilizes two different position presets.

By choosing preset 1 and adding a step in the phaser, and then selecting preset 2 for the second step, I achieve the desired result.

The issue arises when I update one of the two position presets by adding some lights; the phaser effect created in the second step won't be updated. Consequently, I will need to recreate another effect using the same position preset.

My idea was to have an effect that can be placed into a recipe and can be changed by adjusting the two position presets.

It seems like MA assigned the value inside the position preset to the phaser step instead of assigning the position preset itself.

I hope to receive some ideas on how to make this updatable effect work.

Thanks!

• I'm storing it as a preset. I tried using the 'embed store' option now, but it doesn't change.

The problem seems to be that position presets are usually selective. Consequently, the phaser preset effect generated by two selective presets is also selective. Therefore, if I add some fixtures to one of the two presets, it won't add them to the effect.

I tried different combinations with global and universal, but the effect doesn't change when the two position presets are updated.

• This is an example of the problem:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I tried converting the preset into a recipe, but it didn't change.

Probably, I didn't understand what you meant by making a preset with a recipe.

This is an example with a recipe preset:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This is an example of the problem:

I tried converting the preset into a recipe, but it didn't change.

Probably, I didn't understand what you meant by making a preset with a recipe.

This is an example with a recipe preset:

ohh i see, sorry my misunderstanding , actually for this work flow you can't do as far I know.
    You need a "Initialization".

In my Show i do this with 1 group where i have all my rig in a grid, when I'm preparing the new patch i simply run a macro that take the group an apply a phaser position as i want and "INTEGRATE" in the step 1 and 2 the preset i need. The preset are starting with a position applied thru syntax, but not really important, it's just to have them reference in the phaser, than i can update the 2 position any time.

The issue with position, it's at the 99,9 of the time you need a selective information for each fixture, like the fan you did.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!