How to make a dimmer effect "wider"?

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Hi all!

I'm really new to the world of Ma3 and I've just started playing around with everything that it has to offer.

I'm trying to create a dimmer chase effect with a row of 8 lights. I've used MaTricks and phasing to make them turn on from the outside to the middle.

What I'm trying to figure out is how to make the effect "wider". When the lights in the middle turn on, the ones on the outside is on aswell. I hope you understand what I mean.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

• If you want an effect that repeats -> use a phaser and phase

If you want some one shot effect -> use cues, cue triggers and delays

Usually when you talk about a chase effect, you will want something that repeats. So I suggest you get acquainted with phasers, e.g. by watching some tutorial videos. They are a bit tricky at first but very powerful.

• Width is the parameter you are looking for. its bit hard to explain simply. But for example put both steps transition to 0 and then them play with the step widths. If you want only one lamp on at any time tge formula would go step 1 width 100 step2 width 700. This is with 8 fixtures with no wimgsand phase from 0 to 360.

• Width is the parameter you are looking for. its bit hard to explain simply. But for example put both steps transition to 0 and then them play with the step widths. If you want only one lamp on at any time tge formula would go step 1 width 100 step2 width 700. This is with 8 fixtures with no wimgsand phase from 0 to 360.

Yes this was what I was looking for! Thank you so much!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!